10 week old EEs - whatcha think?

Mrs. Linkletter

Hatching
9 Years
Jun 10, 2010
WI
Hi all!

My good friend and neighbor recently acquired 5 Easter Eggers that are about 10 weeks old now. We are suspicious that the two white 'gals' are guys - bigger combs, and more color in their combs - but neither of us is experienced in sexing Easter Eggers. Could there be more guys in the group? Too early to tell? What do you all think? She can photograph individual birds if needed.

Thank you!!

Mrs. Linkletter

I think you're right. The red on its wing makes the white one look rooey to me; the pinkness of the splash's face makes it look like one too. But it doesn't have a muff, so maybe it has a big-combed ancestor (leghorn, andalusion..)? In that case it's possibly a pullet... but I'm still leaning more towards roo.
Beautiful flock!

The one in the back with the red in the wings and the splash (also with red in its wings) I would guess are both roos. The others look very evenly colored with small pale combs. Lovely flock of EEs. That roo in the back has got a fantastic beard/muffs.

What a pretty flock! This is why I like easter eggers, they come in such pretty colors. Anyway, I think you're right, those two light ones are young men.

I see two cockerels (the mostly white ones), two pullets (the patterned ones), and one "probably a pullet" (solid blue).

I think you're right. The red on its wing makes the white one look rooey to me; the pinkness of the splash's face makes it look like one too. But it doesn't have a muff, so maybe it has a big-combed ancestor (leghorn, andalusion..)? In that case it's possibly a pullet... but I'm still leaning more towards roo.
Beautiful flock!

I agree. The rust-colored wings on the one on the left are almost always a dead giveaway that it's a roo. I also see thick legs.

The splash is probably roo, too.

Back
Top Bottom