10 Week old light brahma hen with abdominal straining

She's still alive. Poop looked pretty normal and solid. Though her crop was still semi full this morning. Possibly suffering from Pendulous crop?

I would hope a 10week old bird doesn't have Pendulous Crop.

I'll ask again - what type of food/treats is she eating and does she have grit available?

I would lean toward her having a slow crop if it's still semi-full in the morning before she eats/drinks. Crop issues are sometimes a symptom of an underlying condition. Can you take a stool sample to your vet for testing?

I would hope a 10week old bird doesn't have Pendulous Crop.

I'll ask again - what type of food/treats is she eating and does she have grit available?

I would lean toward her having a slow crop if it's still semi-full in the morning before she eats/drinks. Crop issues are sometimes a symptom of an underlying condition. Can you take a stool sample to your vet for testing?
No treats maybe occasional vegetables. She's on Purina start and grow crumbles non-medicated. Does seem like a slow crop because it was semi-full. I can contact the vet that's here. Only vet on the island. I can give her some free choice grit as well.

Back
Top Bottom