10 week old pullet diet

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by oscillatewildly, Nov 18, 2013.

1. oscillatewildly

oscillatewildly New Egg

Nov 18, 2013
    Hi, I have an assignment where I have to plan a feed ration for a 10 week old pullet.
    I've been looking it up but I just can't seem to find enough information so I was wondering if anyone could provide as much info as possible?

Things I need to include:

Amount of food/type of food
    How it's prepared, (pellets, soaked, rolled etc)
    How it should be presented to them and what equipment is used
    How their life stage is being taken into account

Sorry to be lazy, but my teacher didn't really give us a lot of info for this assignment, and I just can't seem to find anything!

Thanks to anyone who helps

2. SunnySkies

SunnySkies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2012
    Maryland
    At 10 weeks, I feed my pullets a starter/grower feed. Actually, I feed ALL my birds the same feed and offer calcium ad lib.

If you go to the feed store, you will likely find the pertinent information on the bag and tag. Purina in particular has a good deal of information about feeding different ages of birds.

I remember getting that same assignment 20+ years ago (I have a degree in animal nutrition) and thought it fun and had plen of information. Don't be lazy...keep researching.

3. Sophia5

Sophia5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2013
    I use chick starter right up until they are 16 weeks old, or ideally I would give them grower feed when they're 10 weeks old right up to 16 weeks old.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by