10 week old silkies for sale - houston texas

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by blue90292, May 13, 2008.

1. blue90292

blue90292 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    Rosharon, TX
    i have the following colors in 10 week old silkies:

partridge: one left
    buff: 4 left
    cuckoo: 4 left.

they are $7 per silkie.

michele

p.s. these guys are too old to ship unless it's done express mail. sorry.

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  2. M@M@2four

[email protected]@2four Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
    PM'd you! [​IMG]

3. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    I sent you a pm.

4. jkl79

jkl79 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2008
    Central TX
    Hi there,

I've been looking for buff silkies but live in Austin. Do you still have your buffs available? I'm only looking for 2 and also am looking for pullets (although it's probably too soon to sex them!). Please let me know!

Thanks!

5. blue90292

Jan 30, 2007
    Rosharon, TX
    Quote:yup, i sure do. are you going to be at chickenstock this weekend in san marcus? if so, i can bring it there.

michele

6. jkl79

jkl79 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2008
    Central TX
    Can you tell yet if two of your buffs are pullets? I just cannot have a rooster in the area where I live!

How much are you asking for both? I would be happy to pick them up in San Marcos - that's only about 45 minutes from me. I've never been to chickenstock - where can I learn more about it?

Thanks so much - I look forward to hearing from you soon!

7. blue90292

Jan 30, 2007
    Rosharon, TX
    i've had chicks that look like roosters with a big ol nob and eventually lay an egg for me so i'm not very good at telling what they are. sorry.

if you're still interested, they're $7 a piece and i believe i have two left when i checked last night. my silkie roosters rarely crow, if that is why you can't have roosters.

here's the link to chickenstock. hope you can make it!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=30179

8. jkl79

jkl79 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2008
    Central TX
    Thank you for the info!!

I would like to plan to meet up w/ you for 2 of your chicks. Have them been handled much? I've never gotten an older chick and would like them to be tame [​IMG]

So far, I've found that silkies with the biggest puff of feathers on top of the head end up being pullets (and small wattles). If your two buffs (or maybe one buff and one cuckoo) look like that then I'd love to come get them.

I can't stay for the meet-up but would definitely like to come and get your chicks.

9. blue90292

Jan 30, 2007
    Rosharon, TX
    i'll look at them again tonight and let you know. i'll probably just bring the all buffs and the cuckoos and YOU can pick. lol

like i said, i'm not good with sexing silkies. i'm great with RIR's and such, though. i can pretty much tell you by the third day and i have about a 90% accuracy.

10. jkl79

jkl79 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2008
    Central TX
    I know it's so hard to tell with those little Silkies!!

Thanks so much for checking. Have they been handled much? It's so hard to find buff silkies, I just can't pass it up. They would really just be pets along with my other girls, so I'd love it if they're not too skittish.

We can work out details about meeting up closer to Saturday.

Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by