10 week old Silver Laced Wyandottes - gender?

pathognomonic

Songster
7 Years
Jun 9, 2013
Wyandottes are always perplexing to me, these are updated pictures from a few weeks ago. First two pictures are SLW candidate number 1, then SLW candidate number 2.

Last edited:
I'm not sure about the Wyandottes. I've been raising bantam Wyandottes for five years, but even now, they can still be tricky to sex for me. The so-called Buff Orpington looks like a pullet. However, I don't think it is a Buff Orpington, but instead a Production Red or Red Sex-link.

The SLW look like a pullets to me, my boys usually have patchier feathering, larger combs, and are normally skinner at this age. Also your BO does not look like a BO.

I'm keen to know the gender too please as I have only 1 SLW so nothing to compare to and not sure of its gender at 10 weeks here is a pic

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-12-09-13-43-23.png
    Screenshot_2020-12-09-13-43-23.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 87
I'm keen to know the gender too please as I have only 1 SLW so nothing to compare to and not sure of its gender at 10 weeks here is a pic
Oh that looks just like mine ,and this hatch I just can't tell. Mine is probs week older . Sorry not much help,want to know what others think also.

Back
Top Bottom