10 weeks + Easter Egger

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Merro, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Merro

Merro Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2012
    Everyone guessed hen before, still think the same? Both have a habit of chest bumping all the chicks, but I think my other hen does it some, too. Also not sure if I'm looking too hard for pointy saddle feathers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And any opinions on this "guy". Got his comb really fast, but his feathers are so hairy, and no crowing. Just some fat feet. He's very meek, so it's just throwing us off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Firefighter Chick

Firefighter Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2011
    Southeast Minnesota
    Your EE is a girl. I have a blue Americauna just like her who is brooding chicks right now. Your red chick is a boy. I see the dark feathers coming in.

3. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    [​IMG]
    In this picture you can see the pointed dark shiny feathers coming in. If you spread the feathers apart on his back, you should see a lot.

[​IMG]
    the barred guy is also a rooster, if you didnt already know

4. WalkingOnSunshine

WalkingOnSunshine Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2008
    Ohio
    I agree with the above. The blue bird is a pullet, the red a cockerel.

5. Merro

Merro Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2012
    Ok, I see what you guys mean on the red. xD I've only had RSL girls til now, so trying to spot the roo in these straight runs has drove me crazy. (Especially since our RSL eggs have the fertilized bullseye, and have had that we believe all along. No saddle feathers, 5 "girls" 5 eggs a day. Only lately did we put the little ones/boys in.)

Both of the blacks are really messed up noisy little chickies. We've got one RSL that is determined to pull their feathers.

And yep, on the barred. That is our Chicken Boo, and we love him. Was just so hoping not to have two roos.

Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by