10 weeks - questionable coloring and combs

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by esimmons14, Jun 26, 2016.

1. esimmons14

esimmons14 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2015
    Hi everyone, these chicks are either Rhodebar x Rhodebar, Rhodebar x CL, or Welsummer x CL. The CL is a roo. There were some very obvious males when first hatched, but there are a few that were questionable in coloring since the start (could have gone either way) and also one that all of a sudden has a larger comb than the others. I have one more I'm wondering about that I didn't get a good picture of yet, I'll work on that and post again soon.

They are 10 weeks now. Take a look, any thoughts would be appreciated:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    This one above right and right, has lighter coloring that obvious pullet colors for these breeds, but the comb is nowhere the size that the obvious males was. This is definitely one of the CL mixes, due to head pouf.

[​IMG]
    This one above has always had a lot of pink skin showing on face... Coloring to me though says pullet. Same one below.

[​IMG]

2. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I agree they all look like pullets according to coloring. The last two are pretty red, although I'd expect a lot more comb at this age. You have some very pretty crosses [​IMG]

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    seems like all pullets (for now)

4. esimmons14

esimmons14 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2015
    Thank you! I think they might lay some pretty eggs!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by