10 + wyandotte eggs white over white and blue laced reds

hoppy

I'm not all fluff
12 Years
May 5, 2007
central maine
I am offering 10+ wyandotte hatching eggs. These are birds I personally show. I have a white rooster over 1 white hen and 4 splash blue laced red wyandottes. Normally I would only have white over white but I lost my blue laced red roosters to a weasel. All birds are laying well and I have hens laying well at 3 yrs of age. I am not sure what colors you will hatch from these except you will get some pure whites, you may also get some blue laced reds, buff laced or silver laced depending on what kind of white the rooster carries and whats under it. Eggs will be well wrapped and your option if you want a heat pack added. Eggs will ship on monday.
NPIP certified copy of cert is $2.00 if needed
snowball the white wyandotte
1961_picture_057.jpg

buck and the girls
1961_picture_051.jpg

1961_picture_068.jpg

buck
1961_picture_056.jpg

Last edited:
Quick question
hide.gif
I am new to this color/breed and was wondering what the white over BLR produces? It it to improve type? What colors can you expect from this mating?

Quote:
According to the genetics calculator , you should get this from a White Roo over BLR:

25% Pullets, blue patterned red incomplete laced
25% Pullets, black patterned red incomplete laced
25% Cockerels, blue patterned red incomplete laced
25% Cockerels, black patterned red incomplete laced

Quote:
According to the genetics calculator , you should get this from a White Roo over BLR:

which "white" did you use? dominate white or recessive white? using dom and then trying recessive, I didn't get what you got.
all hens are splash blr and I don't know if the rooster is dominate white or recessive white but I was told he has silver laced in his backround.

I am using the white to improve on the type (that and I lost my blr roo to a weasel)

Last edited:
Quote:

which "white" did you use? dominate white or recessive white? using dom and then trying recessive, I didn't get what you got.
all hens are splash blr and I don't know if the rooster is dominate white or recessive white but I was told he has silver laced in his backround.

I am using the white to improve on the type (that and I lost my blr roo to a weasel)

I haven't tested to see what you will actually get. This calculator is based more on theory, I believe. I used just plain white for the above. If I change it to dominant white, then all the offspring turn out to be white. For recessive white, I got this:
25% Pullets, blue unicolor
25% Pullets, black unicolor
25% Cockerels, blue unicolor
25% Cockerels, black unicolor

It is probably going to be different since there is not an option for SLR or BLR.

Back
Top Bottom