10 Year Anniversary Cruise Vacation - Spend on Travel or Stuff ???

What would you spend your vacation budget on?

• Go somewhere new (travel) but have less $ to "spend"?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stay local and have more $$ to "spend"?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sounds like a great vacation-I would LOVE to see Belize the pictures I've seen are gorgeous.
VERY smart move waiting until after hurricane season to take a cruise out of Miami.
smile.png

Have you considered taking an Alaskan cruise?

Totally the opposite I know, but they do have ones that depart from LA, San Fran, Seattle, etc...

I hate cold myself, but if you guys are up for it, and like the price it's an option.

Or Hawaiian/South Pacific? Another Option that can head out from LA, etc.

Last edited:
My family went to a caribean cruise between christmas and new years a couple years ago and it was a ball. We went on holland america and they have their own island in the caribean and there is alot to do there. Every place we stoped there was something new to do and there was alot to do on the boat too. They have included formal dinners free room service and a buffet that stays fully loaded until 12pm they also have a resturant that you can go to but its not included. They have awesome food. They also have great people.

We've kinda looked at most of the popular cruisesl. We're not really interested in Alaska since we both don't like cold and they tend to be a bit more expensive. We'd love to do Hawaii, but they are too pricey for us right now... and that's even without the travel to / from.

Trying to coordinate flights, hotels, etc. etc. etc. is such a pain. Makes me want to just drive down to LA and do the Baja Mexico cruise.

If you want all inclusive, you can get some great deals at the Moon Palace south of Cancun.
They even include a couple of day trips to places like Chichen-Itza, Tulum (can't miss that), Coba, Isla de Mujeres, and some botanical/scuba sites along the coast.

Have you tried a travel club? I belong to one that is super cheap - $40 a year and it's not what people think - I've used them for years - and they have good prices - the one I belong to has been in business over 40 years
The mail you a booklet about 50 pages a few times a year and you can pick your trip and your dates

On a Carribean cruise you really don't need much spending money. As you said, it's mostly all inclusive. If you fly into Jacksonville, I'll pick you up...you can stay with us overnight and I'll drive you to Cape Canaveral!!

Or better yet, fly into Orlando which is very close to Cape Canaveral and I'll find a BYC'er in Orlando pick you up and drive you to the Cape to your ship.

We went on a short cruise to the Bahamas last year and it was really a LOT of fun. The one thing we did extra was kayaking and it was totally worth it!!

th.gif

Since you asked......

10 years is a milestone. A decade. I would start saving the money now and have a really good time, splurging a bit and not worry about squeezing pennies. I mean don't go into debt, but watching each dollar spent is a romantic turn off.

Well, I can't help ya here. For our honeymoon 18 years ago we drove 4 hrs to Cape Cod to spend three days. Now we live here. Never been anywhere special or did anything fancy. I bet for our 20th anniversary, I get another chocolate bar (like last year's anniversary).

Have fun Nifty. Send a postcard. And get your wife to tell me her secret to getting what she wants!

Back
Top Bottom