10 year reunion

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by elieugene6, Jul 26, 2010.

1. elieugene6

elieugene6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    Western ny
    Ok, so I would like some strangers opinions on this one. I went to my 10 year reunion with my fiance. This is the first time in like 3 years that we were able to go out together without 2 tag-along kids. So the reunion had an open bar from 6 to 7. Well we will just say I am a very big lightweight. I had 5 or 6 mixed drinks throughout the night between 6 and 11 pm. I don't remember most of the reunion. My fiance told me that he asked me who some people were because they were just showing up and I hadn't introduced him yet. Apparently as they walked by I drunkenly pointed and said she was a b****, she was stuck up, she was a snob, she was a b**** and so on until the end of the line. I now feel completely horrible. Anyone who knows me knows that I keep my mouth shut even if I don't like the person. I might have felt that way in high school but going in to the reunion all had been forgiven. High school was 10 years ago and everyone has grown up so I felt no need to hold a grudge.

Obviously there is a reason that I don't drink anymore and I should have refrained from doing it at my reunion. I want to apologize to these people through facebook or in person but have no clue how to go about it. I don't even know who I said it about and feel the need to make amends but don't know what to do. My fiance looked at my old yearbook but he isn't sure who it was. Should I just let it go? Please no comments on how I am a horrible person I feel that way already and just want some opinions on what I should do. Thank you.

2. smileybritches

smileybritches Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG] ok.... you do realize some folks would have loved to do what you did. Not trying to be mean--but it is funny, all part of life. I guess at my age 40ish I would send out a blanket apology saying Yep i got drunk and made a fool of myself--sorry!!!
    Maybe in 10 years unless ya'll have a 15 year everyone will have forgotten. [​IMG]

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Eh.. dont stress it.

4. EZZIEMAE

EZZIEMAE Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2010
    WESTERN NEW YORK
    [​IMG]

5. elieugene6

Jun 17, 2010
    Western ny
    Honestly when he first told me I laughed. But the more I think of it the worse I feel. Maybe I should just stop thinking. I told my younger sister who just graduated and she laughed she said so you told truth so what? Its a little harder being that are graduating class only has like 100 people. Not as easy to forget. Blanket apology sounds pretty good. Might try that. Albeit from what I do remember anyone who meant anything to me and came was there before I got that drunk, hmmm what to do.

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I wouldnt say anything more about it...
    maybe they were drunk too..and forgot. [​IMG]

7. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    That. Is. AWESOME.

x10 kudos points!

8. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

Quote:Exactly! My 10year is in 2013 and there are SO many ppl I wish I could say that about!

9. elieugene6

Jun 17, 2010
    Western ny
    Ok, well I suppose if someone says something I will send out an apology if not oh well. My fiance did say that as they walked by while I was saying it they kind of huffed and stuck up their noses. Guess they might not deserve an apology. I wish I could remember though leave it to me to do something that funny and not remember it. Kinda sucks but at least I cant remember the falling on my butt part either. Oh yeah I got really, really drunk. My poor fiance maybe I just owe him the apology seeing as he is the one that had to deal with me. lol. I think it takes real talent though to fall perfectly on your butt from high heels. He said it looked like I just sat down. Course then I started laughing and wouldn't let him help me up, oh and I didn't even ruin my dress. Not fair that I can't remember what sounds like the most fun I have had in years.

I knew I could count on byc to make me feel better thanks a bunch!!!

10. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, I'd post it on MINE... talk about how embarrassed I was... yada... and hope that word spreads.

Because, after calling them those names they might not think too kindly if you decide to try hunting them down.

This would work best if at least one person from HS/The Reunion was already your friend... but if not then maybe try and Friend one of the ones you didn't make a comment on... maybe the organizer or some such? May be worth a try.

Our reunion, Oct will be two years since, it was Meet At The Game... there were Alumni from WAY back... not to many actually came, but it was okay. Took the kids (and niece) with us. After that there was a dinner and whatever at a local restaurant/bar but I wasn't about to pay $100 bucks per couple (drinks NOT included) to eat a $8 meal... I like that place, owner is awesome, food and service awesome, but it's not worth that price. Now I've got another reason to be glad. Not much of a drinker... and I'm a happy drunk, loud but happy... but still you never know.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by