1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

100% alive shipment from MM (pics added)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by skillswife, Mar 28, 2011.

1. skillswife

skillswife Songster

Jul 19, 2010
    SW Montana
    My chicks came in early, they were supposed to arrive Tues but I got a call from the PO first thing this morning. Yay! They were all fine, although the 5 white cochin pullets weren't sent because they didn't have any so they will refund them. They are all quite healthy and happy and I am very pleased. The bonus chick they sent is hillarious, some kind of bantam with furry legs, quite the personality. Anyhow to make up for my shortage of the cochins I happened to be in Bozeman and they had some light brahma's ,araucaunas and silver penciled wyandottes so I got a total of 8 between them. I know I replaced 5 with 8, my math skills are never really great! ROTFL! Such cuties. I will add pics in a bit! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    So I got 10 buff cochins,6mottled bantam cochins, 5 black cochins and one eyed jack the mystery chick, lol their specialty freebie from MM then I got 4 light brahmas,2 araucanas and 2 silver penciled wyandottes from Murdochs.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2011

2. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Crowing

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    [​IMG]

3. 3chimama

3chimama Songster

May 8, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    Congratulations!!!

4. GhostRider65

GhostRider65 Songster

Mar 6, 2011
    NE Wisconsin
    LOL Chicken math strikes again hehehe [​IMG]
    I did the same tonight my order is screwed up so 22 of my chicks are not here, for at least a month, so went to TSC tonight and seen the cutest EE's and Black sexlink pullets, lol, lost 4 chicks 3 DOA and my poor sick little Sussex, so I replaced them with 6 new ones Gotta love that chicken math, always did enjoy math class my teach would be appalled at my new found skill........... [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  5. skillswife

skillswife Songster

Jul 19, 2010
    SW Montana
    So I am thinking that one eyed Jack is a porcelain bantam maybe. yellowish coloring with bluish streak on his/her back?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by