1000, and counting

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Nov 3, 2013.

1. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    so this will be my 1000th post and i wanted to make it a special one. i have always had a great love for birds. i have not always had a computer or even cell phone for that matter. all this is new to me. but when i found this site i knew it was where i belonged and for that i am grateful. i have met some really great people and learned some too ! i can open up and be myself without people telling me im obsessed with chickens or they just are not interested. i am normal after all.lol i have tried to throw in a few laughs too here and there . they are all true stories. so for my 1000th i will tell one more. i did receive a few chickens a bit ago and i have had them in quarantine. but it was time to introduce them to the flock so i bought a wire cage to put them in and asked my husband to help me move them, now my husband is 75 yrs. old and a stroke victim so he only has use of one arm. i thought i had every thing out of the way but apparently i forgot the block feeder. as he was going down he did hit his butt on a 2 by 4 and got a big bruise across his butt. i panicked, ran out of the coop, looking him in and went to get my son to pick him up. ok thats not very funny but when my son picked him up i was very glad that i use the deep litter method. he was not! showers and kisses later and all is forgiven. my son is autistic and claims he would never go in a chicken coop. he was wrong. good times[​IMG]

2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    locking him in, not looking him in the coop. leave it to me to mess it up

3. Congrats on your 1000th post!

4. chickenboy190

chickenboy190 Overrun With Chickens

May 31, 2013
    Ohio
    Awesome! [​IMG]

5. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    What a wonderful story! Chicken keeping is even better when the whole family gets involved. Also, congrats on the big 1000!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by