103 Coop Plans

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by AuntGoose, Aug 2, 2011.

1. AuntGoose

AuntGoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2011
    Azle, Texas
    What do you guys think about this: 103 Coop Plans
    Is this something worth having for just under $10? Do any of you know anything about it?

2. PorkChop

PorkChop Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2010
    North Carolina
    Wow, for $10 the plans might be interesting and could give you some ideas, for that small of an investment it might be worthwhile, not much to loose anyway. I'm currently making drawings for my new ultimate coop which will include all the things I learned that I should have inlcuded in my first one [​IMG]. For $10 I might purchase just to see if I can find anything helpful or useful, if I get one thing it was worth the $10.

All the other literature and books however, well, written in late 1800's and early 1900's, maybe just me but I would want something a little more up to date. Usually you get what you pay for if you know what I mean.

3. Baybrio

Baybrio Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    Poplar Grove, IL
    I believe these are plans and books that are available free from government and university web sites. Here is a disclaimer from one such site although this site does not have poultry plans specifically. (http://www.mwps.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=c_content.view&pageID=254&catList=239,254) :

Free Plans and Materials

MWPS offers more than 100 plans, 5 agricultural lease forms, and other materials for free download. BEWARE. These building plans are showing up on E-Bay. Don't pay for something you can get here for free!

Plans include: Swine, beef, and dairy housing, and storage and machinery buildings. All materials are in PDF format and require Acrobat Reader to view.

Free Building Plans

This site makes available 8 1/2" x 11" CONCEPTUAL PLANS that can be helpful in developing building layouts and selecting equipment for various agricultural applications. These are older plans that do not necessarily represent the most current technology or the most recent construction theories and codes. They are not construction plans and do not replace the need for competent design assistance in developing safe, legal, and well-functioning agricultural building systems. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Now, that said, it might just be worth $10.00 to not have to surf through many government sites to find what is on the CD. As long as you know what your getting I'd say go for it. I love looking at the old stuff and have used these types of free plans to help me construct various things around the farm.

4. bullpup95

bullpup95 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 6, 2011
    Vancleave, MS
    I agree with Baybrio. They look to be a compilation of free plans offered by MANY university and state co-op's.. I'd be willing to bet the "library" is also a compilation of free information from these same places. But it maybe worth it to have it already done for you, saving time! I'd like to know if you end up getting it what its contents are and if it is really worth it. Good Luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by