11 Olive Eggs (1st & 2nd Gen) includes Priority Shipping

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Atlchick, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Atlchick

Atlchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2009
    Grayson, GA
    $22.00 includes Priority Shipping with Confirmation...you'll receive 12+ beautiful First and Second Generation Olive Eggs.

There are Olive Green eggs and eggs which should hatch and grow up to be Olive Eggers. The Olive Green layer is out of an EE hen and French Black Copper Marans roo, the brown eggs are from the Cuckoo Marans hen and an EE roo. I had 8 Olive Egger babies hatch from this match-up ...beautiful eggs and beautiful babies!

This is our OE hen and one of her FBCM roo:
    [​IMG]

Ready to ship today...I package carefully and ship USPS Priority Shipping with Confirmation. Accepting Paypal: [email protected]; also Visa and Mastercard.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  2. dretd

dretd Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    Ft Collins, CO
    OK, so I am very confused. I am wondering if there is a typo or maybe I am really not getting the whole genetics thing.

You say that your olive eggers mixed with a BCM Roo have the brown eggs--shouldn't olive eggers lay olive eggs not brown eggs? How would you get an olive colored egg from a brown egg layer and a brown egg Roo? I thought that the blue gene was dominant and so you had to have at least one parent have gene to get a chick that would lay a blue egg.

Yikes, could you help me out?

Oh, and the buy it now says $22 but the body of the text says $24???

Thanks for your help. Your hens are really cute, btw...

3. Atlchick

Atlchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2009
    Grayson, GA
    Sorry about the price confusion...I re-posted from last week's post, with a different quantity of eggs and thought i had caught all the numbers. This should be correct, now.

I see where I was confusing on the rest of it also...blame it on my re-posting part of the ad and not proof-reading....and it's been a L-O-N-G day. As far as the 1st and 2nd generation...My Olive Egg hen has parents that are an EE hen and an FBCM roo. So she's an Olive Egger who lays gorgeous army green eggs. In order get more Olive Eggers, I am breeding my Cuckoo Marans hens with EE roos. Their eggs are brown - but the chicks should grow up to lay olive eggs. The idea is to keep switching back and forth between the colors. If the Olive girls keep mating with the darker egg roos you will wind up with straight brown eggs, and you want to keep the coloring a deep olive.

So what I am offering is some Olive Green eggs...and some eggs that are the result of mating a Cuckoo Marans and an EE. Have I confused you more? So sorry...like I said...it's been a long day, I've made more than my share of mistakes, I need to go to bed and start over tomorrow. [​IMG]

4. dretd

dretd Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    Ft Collins, CO
    OK, That makes waaaay more sense now. I have those days myself! I like your approach of switching back and forth, too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by