1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

11 or 12 BLACK COPPER MARANS CHICKS FOR SALE!!! CUMBERLAND, VA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by bishopschickens, Mar 25, 2009.

1. bishopschickens

bishopschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Cumberland, VA
    We have 11 or 12 black copper marans chicks for sale. These are purebreed and some have light feathering. They are only 5 days old and are $10.00 each or $100.00 for them all. Right now with the weather playing the warm cold game we cannot ship so this is pick up only. We will be attending several upcoming shows in virginia and will be there also but not guaranteed to still have them. The sex is not 100% clear and we do not guarantee sex but feel its 3 roos and 8/9 hens. Also we have 3 BLRW chicks for sale $5.00, and should have more black copper and wheaten chicks hatching within 2 weeks. The wheatens are $8.00 each!

Brandon
    [email protected]

2. Majestic Lane Poultry

Majestic Lane Poultry Heart Strings Animal Rehoming

Feb 9, 2009
    Sold

3. bishopschickens

May 23, 2008
    Cumberland, VA
    sent you a PM back

4. bishopschickens

May 23, 2008
    Cumberland, VA
    hi tammy,
    It was great meeting joel today and hope you all enjoy the chicks! It was a great trip and hope to see some pics when they chicks get older [​IMG]

Brandon

5. Majestic Lane Poultry

Majestic Lane Poultry Heart Strings Animal Rehoming

Feb 9, 2009
    Brandon,

The chicks all made it to my house without mishap. Thanks.

Now that all of the excitement is over...I'll tell you what my mind read when I read the post:

11 or 12 Black Copper Marans chicks for sale, Cumberland, MARYLAND! That is what my mind read.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I only work about 45 minutes from Cumberland, MARYLAND!

I didn't even know the difference until we decided to meet halfway and you gave me the option for Charlottesville or Harrisonburg [​IMG]
    What? [​IMG]

Good thing Joel (who happens to be my boss) is so understanding and easy to work with. Because before you know it...he is driving to meet you. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I knew I had to jump on them fast, but next time I hope I know what I am getting myself into. What if it would have been Florida, Montana, Alaska? I would have felt like suck a dweeb! [​IMG]

BTW: They are all doing great! This is the first time I have ever owned any cochins so that will be fun. They are nice and toasty on my dryer with the red light on. They are in with my one lone cuckoo marans from laurenlulu. My babies who are two and three weeks old moved into the outside brooder last night.

take care

Tammy

6. bishopschickens

May 23, 2008
    Cumberland, VA
    [​IMG] Tammy,
    This is not the first time it has happend. Its tough as cumberland, va is in the middle of no where, and there is cumberland, MD along with cumberland, NC and both are known better than my little town. Glad it all worked out but promise you if it had been montana id have said something lol. It was great meeting Joel and am really happy you all like the birds. Love to see some photos down the road if possible. Great story though! [​IMG]

Brandon

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by