11 week check in!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by KelsiNS, Oct 16, 2013.

1. KelsiNS

KelsiNS Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2013
    Buna, TX
    [​IMG][​IMG]Merle. Feathered like a roo, colored like a pullet. Red like a roo, comb like a pullet. I adore this bird. Aloof and bubbly are good descriptions.
    [​IMG]Black Thunder. Half the size of her hatchmates-had pasty butt from day one and still gets it from time to time. Feathers are almost stringy looking. Possibly my ugliest bird. Bottom of the pecking order.
    [​IMG] Boot. Obviously a roo-just showing a developmental comparison to the unknowns. [​IMG]Hershey Bar. Another roo (11 weeks-JUST NOW getting back feathers.)

2. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    For sure, Merle is a pullet. A better picture of Black Thunder would help, but I'm guessing pullet on her. You're right, Boot is a definite rooster, and Hershey Bar looks like a rooster too.

3. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I agree with Wyandottes7: Merle is a pullet, despite her light coloring and red face. A rooster would have a more prominent comb and pointed hackle feathers by now. Black Thunder has some shiny, rooster like photos, but the feathers don't appear to be pointed. A better photo would help identify her gender more accurately. And I agree with you that Boot and Hershey Bar are definitely roosters.

4. KelsiNS

KelsiNS Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2013
    Buna, TX
    [​IMG]

5. Veer67

Veer67 Chillin' With My Peeps

6. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    How old?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by