11 weeks old today...........

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by emjay, May 24, 2010.

1. emjay

emjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    new2chooks, wondering what shoe you'd eat if you are wrong, hahaha. That bird still has me wondering. Very rounded feathers still, on neck. Not sure. I am starting to think girl. I hope it's a girl. very neat looking.

They are 11 weeks old now.

Bird #1. Mom is Blue EE, Dad, EE . Red comb, but no hackle feathers , nor pointy saddle feathers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#2 in question, is this Blue baby. Mom is Blue EE, Dad is EE

Hoping this is a girl too. The neck feathers look a bit pointy due to the white edging. But up close they are more round. But, I'm on the fence with this one too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#3 in question. Is the black and white. Mom is SLW. Dad is EE

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are the roos for certain. A stunning fella, Mom is Australorp. Dad is EE

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All done for now. Thanks

[​IMG]

2. newlyweds

newlyweds Pearl of the Prairie

Mar 12, 2010
    Southeast Texas
    I'm not sure on the gender's but they sure are all beautiful, I just love the colors.

3. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    I LOVE that last picture! That is a one in a million to catch both of them in that position. Too funny.
    It sure is hard to tell with those EEs, isn't it? I have to say, I am still stumped. They all have a bit of the stink-eye going though, don't they?

4. emjay

Sep 6, 2009
    where are all the EE experts.?? haha. Help me get unstumped.

5. damarisgw

damarisgw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2009
    They all look like boys [​IMG]

6. Sequin

Sequin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    They all look like boys to me too. Time will give the definite answer, but yeah, they all look like roos at this point to me. Lovely birds though!!! [​IMG]

7. emjay

Sep 6, 2009
    I am still on the fence with the first one and the blue one. Only because I see no pointy pointy feathers coming in yet.
    they do have that manly eye. but, I don't know. Maybe it's because I really want them to be girls.

The first one, is it just the comb that makes you say boy? as it has very round hackle feathers. Will they just all of a sudden go pointy, as I haven't noticed that in the other boys.

and no attempts at crowing from any of them yet.

the only two I'm certain on are the black, and the buff. there's also a white one too. Do shiny green feathers usually indicate roo too?
    If so, then , sigh. I will have a white roo too.

I may have a home for one of them. Now to find homes for the rest, I do not need 6 crowing roos in one pen. I already have 3.
    the neighbors would really love me then.

8. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    [​IMG] Not the shoes I wear in the run, that's for sure! But I'm pretty confident that I'm not going to be eating my shoe.

I now have no doubt, #1 is a boy. And I agree that all the others look like boys too.

And I just LOVE that last shot!

9. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Here's my olive egger boy at 13 weeks. He still doesn't have the saddle feathers, but he's all boy. He's crowing and the little turd tried to wing dance at me. ETA: After giving my photo another look, it does look like his saddle feathers are coming in.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2010
  10. emjay

Sep 6, 2009
    hahah, bummer, shoe eating would make a great picture opportunity. hahaha. ah well. I think he'll have no problem finding a new harem of his own. He's pretty good lookin'.

my luck for that batch was not good. I have 5 boys for sure out of 8. possibly 6. gross.

the only one that might not get a home, and might end up at freezer camp for boys is the buff one. I think the others might get lucky.

fingers crossed that they all do.

going to go pout now. haha.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by