11 wild turkey eggs.....

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by patyrdz, May 2, 2009.

1. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    A man I sold some chickens to was working with a bush hog, and accidentally ran over a wild turkey on a nest of eggs. The turkey was not hurt, and neither were the eggs, but the nest was destroyed. So he call me to go get the eggs, to see if we could save them. I candled them and they all are fertile!!! YAY! Hopefully the trauma has not killed them. I put them in the incubator. I guess we will see what happens. Wish me luck, I hope they are ok![​IMG]

2. dacjohns

dacjohns People Cracker Upper

I applaud you for trying to save them but be careful and you might want to keep this very low key. What you are doing might be illegal.

3. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    no way! why?

4. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Here in NC it is against the law to molest any wild game, you call the game warden.

And I agree with dac - this would not be something to broadcast on a public forum

Steve in NC

5. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    guess they are going back!

6. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    Quote:Here in NC it is against the law to molest any wild game, you call the game warden.

And I agree with dac - this would not be something to broadcast on a public forum

Steve in NC

I didn't the man clearing his land did! I will either have him put them back or have the wild life guy come get them, I know him and have his number.

Last edited: May 2, 2009
  7. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    I vote call wildlife

8. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    She didn't know it was illegal. I don't think she meant to molest any wildlife. Lets just be constructive not constrictive [​IMG]

9. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    Quote:I agree! Because the hen is gone, they are clearing the land. Wildlife can kill them, I'm not!

Last edited: May 2, 2009
  10. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    yeah. at least they will attempt. with them clearing land, the chances of her coming back with it being destroyed and probably remaining noisy are slight. wildlife has the resources to help them as much as they can [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by