11 wk Easter Eggers: 2 pullets & 1 cockerel. Beautiful! Pickup only.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Sudsy Chick, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Sudsy Chick

Sudsy Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    Washington State
    NO SHIPPING - Local pickup only, I live in on the Eastside, Kirkland area, and I would be willing to meet within 20 miles. Please PM with questions or for more pictures.

Easter Eggers! Perfect small backyard flock. Two pullets & one cockerel. Around 11 weeks old, the cockerel has not yet started to crow. All images were taken on July 23 and 24.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Brownie the cockerel is very friendly and will take food from my hand to share with his girls. He takes very good care of his girls and even the older hens (we are not allowed roosters, so he is currently the big guy in our yard.) He's also nice to the younger cockerel in our yard. My nine-year old son is very sad to see him go, saying Brownie is "his favorite."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The girls fuzzy faces are so adorable!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We had picked these chicks up at Bothell Feed store on May 24 at around 2-3 weeks of age for our broody hens to raise for a friend; who has decided this is not the right time.

These chicks have been broody-raised and free range all day. They have eaten scratch & peck organic feeds since we got them and I have made a point to be friendly with them (as I am with the broody hens that raised them) enough that I can hand feed them, but not enough that they will hop on my lap or anything [​IMG] However, if they are calm, especially towards bedtime, they may roost on my hand for a time. They are currently free-range chicks and I hope they are able to stay that way.

[​IMG]

They have been away from mom now for a few weeks and are roosting on their own.

NO SHIPPING - Local pickup only, I live in on the Eastside, Kirkland area, and I would be willing to meet within 20 miles. Please PM with questions or for more pictures.

Thank you for looking! dawn

2. chickens? not yet

chickens? not yet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Kingman, AZ.
    Nice looking birds wish we were closer!!

3. Sudsy Chick

Sudsy Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    Washington State
    chickens? not yet :

Nice looking birds wish we were closer!!

Thank you [​IMG] I have been hanging out a lot with the chicks the last few days, and the two EE girls are really starting to be friendly as well. One especially is jumping in front of Brownie now for hand fed treats. I love these little chicks and hope that another chicken lover will be interested in them.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by