1. Cogburn2015

Cogburn2015 New Egg

[​IMG]
    This is Rooster Cogburn something is wrong with his crown does anybody know and how is it treated and how do they get it

2. runt325

runt325 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2016
    Looks like dirt to me but I am not trying to be mean

3. Wyorp Rock

Wyorp Rock Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Southern N.C. Mountains
    Welcome to BYC.

As @runt325 suggests it may be dirt.

It's possible it could also be bites from insects or flies. Try to clean it/wash it off so you can inspect the comb.
    If you feel like you need to put something on it you can apply some plain neosporin or vetericyn.

4. Cogburn2015

Cogburn2015 New Egg

It's not dirt lol and I can get him to put anything on it

5. CluckerCottage

CluckerCottage Chillin' With My Peeps

Wait til tonight when he's roosting-- it will be much easier to handle him, clean the comb and apply ointment [​IMG]

6. Cogburn2015

Cogburn2015 New Egg

I can't reach him at night he roosts ontop a fence I rescued him from some people from India they were gonna eat him I'll have to c if I can find someone who can

7. Cogburn2015

Cogburn2015 New Egg

I don't mean to sound dumb ... someone told me it was some kind of fungus and that I needed some kind of stuff to put in the water that I can't remember the name of tetracycline Maybe

8. Cogburn2015

Cogburn2015 New Egg

I'm very curious to know how he could get a type of fungus he doesn't go anywhere but in my yard never leaves but about a hundred feet from the house that I do not have any other chickens or farm animals I only have 2 large dogs I love this rooster very much he comes when I call him by his name

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by