12+ Araucana eggs $25 includes s/h

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by hinkjc, Nov 6, 2007.

1. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Please click on our web site link to the left to see some of our araucana birds. These are not EE or Ameraucana. I am not offering choice on color, but if you prefer eggs from our white or black pens I can try to send mostly those as all of our groups are laying pretty well yet. Otherwise, the potential offspring will be black, white, blue, splash, duckwing & blue breasted red.

Paypal to [email protected]

Thanks for looking,
    Jody

2. eggchel

eggchel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Dec 26, 2006
    Both Coasts
    Jody, Im definitely going to have to get some eggs from you when I get back . Your birds are gorgeous!! I have 6 or 7 bantam Araucanas but would like to get some LF as well.

Chel

3. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    Do you still have these Jody??? I've been lurking on your website long enough. Let me know if you do and I'll send $$. [​IMG]

ps...I need more breeds like I need a hole in the head...I really do... [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2007
  4. hinkjc

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Yes, Angie.

I can do 12+ for $25 or 2 dozen for $40. Paypal to [email protected] I will ship today if payment comes in time.

These girls are laying up a storm. Thanks!

Jody

5. aran

aran Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2007
    rochester ny
    oh man would i love to give these guys a go! Jody...what sort of hatch rates do you get from these? I mean i know the number varies GREATLY on any shipped eggs but is it true that the araucanas are harder to hatch than other breeds?

6. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Will you sell all winter long?
    If a get my 'bator for X-mas, I'm going to want to hatch some of these...

7. hinkjc

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Aran - our average at home is around 75-80% hatch rates. On shipments I have sent out, the most recent are averaging 30-50%, but a lot depends on handling and incubating as well. Sometimes it's lower, sometimes higher.

These are indeed more difficult to hatch than other breeds because of the fatal tuft gene. We do try to keep tufted to clean faced breeding to reduce this fatality in hatchlings and improve hatchability.

Wegotchickens - I will offer them as long as the girls keep giving and they appear fertile. Keep an eye for posts or email me when you're ready.

Jody

8. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    Hi Jody
    Sent $$. It's under Ben Clark, my DH...like everything I buy w/ Paypal. [​IMG] I sent enough for 2 dozen....I'm in serious trouble...but I've always liked Araucanas...so yay!!
    [​IMG]

9. hinkjc

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Got it..thanks! I will get them out today.

Jody

10. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Jody...are you still selling? I'm interested if you are!

Katy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by