1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

12 Assorted LONGTAIL FOWL PHOENIX Yokohama Hatching eggs *************

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by onagadori, Jan 2, 2011.

  1. onagadori

    onagadori Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

    1,337
    20
    163
    Oct 17, 2010
    North Texas
    You are bidding on a doz assorted longtail hatching eggs. They will be assorted colors with no guarantee on any color. (just whatever is laid.) These are all large fowl. Serious longtail lovers only please. I have been working on these lines for years (over ten) and only want them to go to people who will take care of them. Longtails require more upkeep than other breeds.

    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
     
  2. Tony

    Tony Chillin' With My Peeps

    647
    5
    161
    Jan 16, 2008
    Connecticut
    What breed are these birds? The ones in your 5th pic (black roo) down to the second before last pics? (9th pic, modern games?)
    thanks
     
  3. onagadori

    onagadori Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

    1,337
    20
    163
    Oct 17, 2010
    North Texas
    The straight comb birds are generally termed "phoenix" which is a breed created from crossing onagadori with games and leghorns. Phoenix originated in germany. I have used other longtail breeds (such as sumatra and yokohama) to create different colors of yokohamas and phoenix. Pea comb birds are usually termed yokohama, but there are many breeds of longtails out there. I just enjoy beautiful birds and studying the genetics on these longtail beauties. No modern game, sorry.
     
  4. superchemicalgirl

    superchemicalgirl HEN PECKED

    10,095
    2,340
    431
    Jan 10, 2010
    Vacationland, Maine
    Your birds are absolutely gorgeous.
     
  5. onagadori

    onagadori Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

    1,337
    20
    163
    Oct 17, 2010
    North Texas
    Thank you very much.[​IMG]
     
  6. Tony

    Tony Chillin' With My Peeps

    647
    5
    161
    Jan 16, 2008
    Connecticut
    Quote:Nice birds you have. [​IMG] Is the roo pictured below the black roo a China Gamefowl? (6th pic from top)
    I raise China Gamefowl and also Phoenix. All my birds are listed in my Signature. Look down.
    By the way.....shhhh!!! Don`t tell anyone, but I don`t like Modern Games anyways. [​IMG] [​IMG]
     
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  7. Raven81

    Raven81 Chillin' With My Peeps

    486
    4
    111
    Nov 3, 2010
    Te Anau NZ
    wow [​IMG] i wish i could get some of those, they are gorgeous. [​IMG]
     
  8. onagadori

    onagadori Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

    1,337
    20
    163
    Oct 17, 2010
    North Texas
    Quote:No, he's about 99% phoenix, and the other is 1% yokohama. No china game fowl, but the true onagadori are kind of blocky and the yokohamas tend to have a gamey look to them. I call him a sport yoko.
     
  9. sonew123

    sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

    25,007
    68
    388
    Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    They are beatiful!!! I cant have birds that need more upkeep than myself though! [​IMG] Id be preening them all the time because I could and Id wind up looking like a hag!
     
  10. karaokechick

    karaokechick Chillin' With My Peeps

    104
    0
    99
    Oct 25, 2010
    Naples, Florida
    I bought a pullet & cockrel from onagadori and they are gorgeous calm birds and very very sweet!!
     

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by