12 Assorted Purbred Cochin Bantam Hatching Eggs

luckypickens

Songster
9 Years
Aug 20, 2010
Danville, AR
Don't hit the BIN button just email me [email protected] if you wish to purchase some.

12 assorted purebred Cochin Bantam eggs from our colorful pens listed below. Just depends on who is laying the day I gather on what eggs you get, but all are laying very well right now. Some go off a day or two especially with the storms we have been hit with, but doesn't take long to get back with the program. Cochin Bantams are the most sweetest docile birds and I have SEVERAL that are just total pets LOL. They are my all time favorite bantam! They are great layers, but prefer being broody or taking care of chicks. We use them and Sizzles to hatch all of our Peafowl and Turkey eggs. Great as pets or 4-H poultry projects as well! They love getting all the attention! Shipping for a doz is $13.00. I can get 2 doz in a box for $14.00 shipping. We take Paypal and USPS money orders and ship eggs on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday. We are always happy to work with you on a shipping date you prefer and any special orders you might want. We love our little colorful Cochins and know you will also

At Lucky Pickens Farm we’ve been raising poultry for over 50 years and strive to raise high quality birds for show or just for pets. All birds on our farm are blood tested Pullorum/Typhoid clean. We see that our birds are kept happy and healthy by giving them the very best feed and TLC daily! We strive to breed to the Standard of Perfection on each breed we raise and all are purebred and kept in individual breeding pens away from predators. We feed a high quality, high protein all natural game bird breeder pellet with vitamins and minerals in the water daily to insure high fertility. We also feed a little scratch grains, Calf Manna and veggie treats from the garden daily. We LOVE spoiling our birds and it shows!

Below is a little info about each of our breeding pens so you have some idea of what color you might get. You can see more photos of them on our website below and are always happy to answer any questions about them. If you see some you like feel free to email us about special orders.

Our Cochin Bantam pens includes …

** 1 - F4 Calico/Mille Fleur rooster "Winchester" with 2- F3 Calico/Mille Fleur Cochin Bantam hens, 1- F1 Calico hen and 1 Blue Buff Columbian hen . My rooster and one of the Mille hens came from Lynne Wingshadows Hacienda in CA. She has been working on the Mille Fleur variety in Cochin Bantams for several years and has some awesome birds. I bought the other 2 hens who are hatched from her eggs. The other hens are ones that I have bred and raised from my Buff Columbian/Mottled breeding.

** Splash Frizzled rooster "Fonzi" with 1 Black and 3 Splash hens. All have really nice full round buns and the Black hens are from a show strain of Bob Rhodes. Chicks from this pen will be Blue and Splash only and some will be frizzled as well. I've been hatching some really nice colorful splash and blue show quality birds from them all.

** Lemon Blue rooster "Prince" is just gorgeous with a hint of metallic lemon gold in his hackles. Which is just beautiful in contrast to his dark blue base coloring with lighter splash coloring in his wings and tail. With him is a Lemon Splash hen "Goldilocks" with her golden coloring in her hackles against the lighter splash coloring it is easy to see how she gets her name! Also in the pen is another Splash and 2 Blue hens. All are great type with very full buns, with a very unique coloring which so far the chicks I have hatched from them look just like them. They are all just beautiful!.

** Blue Mottled rooster "Remington" with 3 Black Mottled Cochin Bantam hens. All are really heavy mottled and hens are from Blue Mottled hens so should get a higher number of Blue Mottled chicks than black.

** Black Mottled rooster "Oreo" with 2 -F1 Black Mottled Frizzled hens. Both hens I bred and raised from a black frizzled hen bred to Oreo. They only have a few mottled feathers but their F2 chicks should me really nicely mottled and half should be frizzled as well.

** Breeding trio of Buff Barreds. Really love these, they are more lemon colored then buff easy to see why they are called Lemon Cuckoos overseas.

** Breeding pair of Silver Laced. "Bruce Almighty" and "Lacie" are two of my favorite birds and are throwing some really nice clean laced chicks. I am raising several chicks now from them to expand my Silver Laced breeding program later this fall and can't wait!

** Breeding trio of nice dark mahogany Red Cochin Bantams. I am raising a few chicks now from them and all have heavy feathered feet, nice type and wonderful dark red mahogany color like my RI Reds. I just love them!

** Lavender rooster with 2 Black show quality hen. Chicks will be black but split to lavender. I am raising several chicks now from this breeding and all look awesome, can't wait to breed them back together. I am hoping for some nice show quality lavender chicks.

All birds on our farm are blood tested Pullorum/Typhoid clean. We see that our birds are kept happy and healthy by giving them the best feed and TLC daily! Our Heritage RI Reds get to free range while our purebred bantams are kept in individual breeding pens away from predators. We feed a high quality, high protein all natural game bird breeder pellet with vitamins and minerals in the water daily to insure high fertility. We also feed a little scratch grains, Calf Manna and veggie treats from the garden daily. We LOVE spoiling our birds and it shows!

Chicken raisin' is all we do so I assure you we gather often to keep the eggs from getting to hot or to cold to stay fresh and fertile for you. Our hatching eggs we send out are no more than three days old. They are turned three times a day and stored in a temperature controlled room to assure you the best possible hatch. Eggs are usually fairly clean, but may contain occasional soiling. I do not wash eggs but will brush of excess soiling if present. Washing can contaminate the eggs and may decrease hatch rate. Eggs are wrapped individually in bubble wrap then nestled and secured in crumpled newspaper and box is clearly marked FRAGILE. I have found if I don't put Hatching Eggs on the box they get treated better also, but will gladly mark them that way if you so want. I've had very good success shipping this way. We have had an excellent hatch rate on our farm ourselves this year as well as with our shipped eggs. However, we cannot guarantee your hatch rate due to circumstances out of our control. Rough postal handling and incubator mishaps will make perfectly fertile eggs not develop or hatch. Purchasing shipped hatching eggs is a risk. Please be understanding and know this when purchasing hatching eggs. When your eggs arrive carefully unwrap them and store them pointy end down at room temperature for 12-24 hours to help the air cell settle from shipping.

I have Fibromyalgia and can't work. My chickens are my therapy that keep me going, selling a few hatching eggs and chicks helps me buy feed for my little feathered loved ones, THANK YOU for looking!

Hugs, God Bless and happy hatching from Lucky Pickens Farm!

Roslyn & Gary Pickens
Raisin' critters & havin' a ball in Danville, AR
http://community.webshots.com/user/luckypickens
[email protected]

Back
Top Bottom