12+ B/B/S Jersey Giant hatching eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Wynette, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Bertuzzi is 8 months old in the auction picture - he was 10.8 lbs. in the pic, still has more filling out to do. His breeding is pure Maria Hall. I'm really pleased with this guy. He's got a nice, long back, and has really good overall balance. Add to that, he's a pleasure to work with, laid back, but an excellent breeder & flock protector.

I have culled down to the three nicest girls from last fall's hatch - he has three girls, two of which are pure Maria Hall (a very dark blue and a splash), the third is from my original line of Jerseys, and I don't know what their bloodline is, but she's a very nice example of the breed, and is a light blue.

I've shipped out two test hatch batches of eggs, both went well.

THIS IS A PAYPAL ONLY AUCTION - I am adding the following buyer requirements due to issues with prior auction winners:

1) you MUST have a minimum of 500 posts to bid.
    2) you MUST have no negative feedback.
    3) you MUST make your PayPal payment by noon the day the auction ends.

I'm sorry to have to add these requirements, but I just cannot afford to put the time in carefully collecting and storing, monitoring the storage temp & humidity, turning them several times a day, and carefully packaging, only to have someone not be serious about them.

Eggs will be shipped out no later than 2 p.m. the day the auction ends.

Here are a few more pics:

[​IMG]

The girls - the girl in the front is dark blue (Hall) - she's Bertuzzi's favorite, so she's a bit beat up looking. The girl to the right is the splash Hall line girl, and the one in the back is the light blue of my original line:

[​IMG]

2. slackwater

slackwater Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2010
    SoMD
    Darn, I was going to bid, but don't have quite enough posts...off to post 30 more times in the next 2 days!!!! LOL - shoulda bid on your earlier auction [​IMG]

3. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Auction note: member geosheets does not have the required 500 posts; however, he contacted me and requested permission to bid, and I confirmed that it was alright.

4. werecatrising

werecatrising Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2009
    California
    Beautiful birds! Unfortunately, the time I spend with my animals prevents me from spending a bunch of time on forums, so I am way under the limit.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by