12+ bantam Calico Cochin eggs...price INCLUDES shipping!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by shelleyb1969, May 11, 2011.

1. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

Since several folks showed interest in these, I have more! [​IMG]

12+ eggs from my calico bantam Cochin project pen. The starting price INCLUDES Priority Mail shipping cost! [​IMG]

This variety is an ongoing project...I just LOVE the multi-colored chicks. These are NOT mille fleur projects...I'm not focusing on any color pattern at all. I simply want flashy colored bantam Cochins with all the beautiful qualities of the Cochin breed...I'm working on body type, feet color, etc. This is my "fun" pen. All of the chicks are hatching out multi-colored and absolutely adorable. To still be in the project stage, the type is good, all have nice yellow feet, and they continue to change colors as they mature. Every time I open the hatcher, it's like Christmas morning....I just never know what I'm going to find. From week to week as the chicks are growing, it's like looking through a kaleidoscope...they're constantly changing color. [​IMG]

Due to the many variables involved with shipped hatching eggs, I am not responsible for your hatch rate, nor for any damage incurred to the eggs during USPS transit. Paypal payment is expected within one hour of auction's end. Immediately following the auction's end, I will pm the winning bidder with payment instructions.

A pullet from last fall's hatch:
    [​IMG]

Breeders:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JosieChick

JosieChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    Lyman, ME
    So cruel, the pain!!!! [​IMG] These kill me, I want some so badly but I can't stand the stress of bidding!

When would these ship by the way? I have eggies leaving New York I think on Monday too. Help, I am a hatching addict and I love these colorful cochins. My mille fleur Miss Betty wants some friends!! [​IMG]

3. shelleyb1969

These will ship on Saturday OR Monday...buyer's choice. [​IMG] [​IMG] Bidding can indeed be stressful...but it's so much FUN! [​IMG]

4. JosieChick

May 4, 2010
    Lyman, ME
    Hahaha! Fun for you to watch us all fight over your eggs! [​IMG] Someone please enlighten me, is there a way to set a max bid and BYC will update your bidding? Seems like I enter a bid and am immediately outbid again? [​IMG]

5. shelleyb1969

To my knowledge, the auction bidding system IS set up to automatically bid for you up to your maximum bid. If you're being outbid immediately when you enter your bid, it's simply because someone else had their max bid set higher than yours. [​IMG] Is that confusious? [​IMG]

6. JosieChick

May 4, 2010
    Lyman, ME
    Ok, I think that makes sense. It must confuse me. [​IMG] It will say next bid needs to be "x$" or above and you enter the amount it says and it says you have been outbid so if I really want the eggs I should just enter the max amount I will spend and it will automatically update the bidding for me? [​IMG] That would be much easier!

7. shelleyb1969

Quote:Yes, you should enter the max amount you will spend and it will automatically bid for you. When you bid, it will always tell you that your bid must be "x$", which is 25cents higher than the CURRENT bid, but it will never tell you how much the other bidder's max bid is. That would make it too easy. [​IMG]

8. aurorarose25

aurorarose25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    Mesa, Az
    how many so far are you sending?

9. shelleyb1969

Quote:I have 8 eggs collected as of yesterday...still have to collect today and tomorrow. If I wait to ship on Monday, obviously I'll be able to send more. Ship date is entirely up to the winning bidder. [​IMG]

ETA: I get anywhere from 3-5 eggs per day from that pen...provided they don't go broody on me. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2011
  10. tofuranch

tofuranch What Came First????

Dec 11, 2008
    I got mine yesterday from the last auction nice eggs

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by