12+ Bantam Marans Project eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by FlashPointFarm, Feb 20, 2011.

1. FlashPointFarm

FlashPointFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2009
    Iowa
    This flock is 3rd generation bantam Marans. The flock is a variety of colors, Cuckoo, Black Copper, Blue/Black/Splash and a sort of light Crele color. Stock is originally from a master breeder that prefers to remain unnamed. You still may get 25% large fowl from these eggs. Larger orders are available upon request.

My goals with this line are temperament, egg color, small size and keeping the genetic diversity of colors for others to decide what color they would like to breed and promote.

Our eggs are packaged beautifully. Each egg is individually wrapped in bubble wrap and set air cell up inside the box. No egg will touch the sides of the box. All eggs are shipped USPS Priority with delivery confirmation. Your delivery confirmation number will be emailed to you upon request. Of course, we offer no guarantee on hatching eggs due to having no control over how the eggs are handled in transit to you. We have yet to have a report of broken eggs. We get lots of reports of great hatches and many repeat customers.

Other breeds are available if you would like to mix and match, however full price will apply. You can see what we have to offer at our website, CountyLineHatchery dot com.

Payment methods:
    Paypal to [email protected] are preferred.
    Personal check is accepted, however payment must clear before eggs are shipped.
    Money Order accepted.

Pictured below are 2 bantam Marans eggs next to a Silver Laced Wyandotte egg for comparison.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ArieBLB

ArieBLB Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2010
    Goirle, The Netherlands
    Hello, you have very very nice Marans.
    I would be happy to recommend cutting wing feathers. If I have seen it well, you have from the black Marans hen trimmed the small wing feathers. My advice is to cut the large wing feathers. The reason for my advice is: when the wing is closed it is not visible that the feathers are clipped/trimmed and there is a beautiful wing visible. Cut from the outside in to the switch pin(Middel). I hope I write it right, I live in the Netherlands and English isn't my second language. Cut only the large wing feathers of one wing. Then the animal is out of balance when it wants to fly. This is not meant as negative criticism. It makes your animals are beautiful to look at and you have the same result.
    I like your Birds.
    Greetings Arie

3. FlashPointFarm

FlashPointFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2009
    Iowa
    Thank you, Arie. As I don't exhibit these birds, I just did a quick snip to keep them from flying the coop. [​IMG]

Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by