1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

12+ Barnevelder and Blue Barnevelder eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by tls_ranch, Jan 15, 2014.

1. tls_ranch

tls_ranch Stares at Chickens

This classified is for 22-24 hatching eggs a mix of both Barnevelders and Blue Barnevelders. Eggs will be labeled from which pen they came from.

My incubator is full and fertility is very good. The last check was 100% fertility on the eggs I have in my bator. The hens are laying very well and I am getting bunches of eggs. I have enough extra eggs to fill orders for shipping on :

Monday, April 7th

And

Tuesday, April 8th

$75 including Priority Shipping ( mixed Barnevelders and Blues).

Please PM me for more info if you want an order of eggs.

"THE BLUES" These eggs are by a pure Barnevelder cockerel over 6th generation blue pullets and 5th generation blue hens. The resulting chicks should ideally hatch out 50% Blue and 50% black. These birds are not imported. This is my own project that I've been working with since 2009 and have made much progress in color and type. I still consider my "Blues" a project line and further selection and breeding will be needed to continue improving the line towards Breed Standards including egg color, type, and lacing. Blue Barnevelders are not accepted by the APA at this time. I only own and breed Barnevelders and Blue Barnevelders. I have worked hard to create this project and have done my best to improve my flock.

I selected hard for the best quality type and lacing in the blues. Quality of lacing will still vary and so will egg color, but each year they get better and better:) The hens are good layers and will go broody and make excellent mommas. One blue hen hatched 18 of 18 eggs and raised all the chicks free range. The cockerels I've kept are very well mannered and are good with the hens and my kids.

Right now I only have mixed lots of eggs available of both standard and blues. Eggs will be labeled from which pen they came from. Later I will offer larger orders from each pen individually priced. If you contacted me earlier about hatching eggs please PM me so I can figure out who wants what eggs and when. I will do my best to fill prior requests this spring, but please consider issues such as weather, supply and demand. I will not be responsible for damage to the eggs by extreme weather or shipping delays caused by weather.

I do not guarantee hatching due to issues regarding shipping or incubation. I do my best to provide the best quality eggs possible and pack with great care. Eggs will be wrapped in tissue or paper towels and bubble wrapped individually. The eggs are then wrapped in more bubble wrap and surrounded with packing peanuts. I have had good success shipping eggs from CA to Maine, Florida and other states. Fertility has been near 100% and hatch rates have been good even with shipped eggs.

Some of the 62 chicks I hatched out Jan. 27th.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  2. jan12

jan12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2013
    South Western Connecticut
    Sent you a PM.

3. 4brnvldrs4life

4brnvldrs4life New Egg

Jan 15, 2014
    Sent you a PM.

4. BelleFarm

BelleFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2013
    Kingwood, New Jersey
    Could you perhaps post a picture of what your eggs look like? Thanks:)

5. tls_ranch

Here are eggs from some of my flock. These were from late summer around August of last year from my regular barnevelders.

[​IMG]

6. greg zechman

greg zechman Out Of The Brooder

Dec 8, 2010
    COVINGTON GA
    did you get my email...thanks greg

7. BelleFarm

BelleFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2013
    Kingwood, New Jersey
    Thank you. Will any still be available come springtime?

8. tls_ranch

Yes, I should have some eggs in between hatching for my own. I usually stop shipping when the weather gets too hot in late May or June.

Trisha

9. tls_ranch

So far I have over 18 eggs I can ship for this Tuesday.

Trisha

1 person likes this.
  10. dawgforever

dawgforever Out Of The Brooder

Jan 19, 2014
    Atlanta
    I will take the 18+ for this Tuesday!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by