12+ BBS Bearded Silkie eggs - ?? Lavender chick?? - NPIP

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Three Cedars Silkies, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Up for your consideration are 12+ bearded silkie hatching eggs from our BBS pen.

Our girls are liking this cooler weather and are laying well right now.

In this pen are 5 black hens, 2 black split lav hens and 3 splash hens; a black and a blue cock and a splash split/lav cock. It is possible to hatch a lavender, but no promises are made.

PLEASE NOTE: For the past week, our pure lavender boy has been with this group of hens. I am hoping that he has fertilized some of them...he certainly has given it his all! [​IMG] It takes young birds a while to get breeding "down pat" and this is why we left him in there for the entire week. Again, not making any promises that you will hatch a lavender, but if he did breed the black/split lav hens the odds are increased. My incubators are full, otherwise I would be putting these eggs in. This is the only pic I have of the lav boy at this computer. I will look for others when I get home.

All our silkies meet the standard of perfection for their variety and we are very selective in the birds we include in our breeding program. We will be showing some young birds this fall from them and pics of a couple them are below.

There have been a couple of buyers who have hatched a partridge from this pen. It is sometimes possible to hatch a partridge from birds that are phenotypically (visually) a certain color. It's just one of those weird genetic things that happen. Just want everyone to be aware.

Disclaimer: To prevent conflict between seller and buyer. Shipped hatching eggs are a gamble. There are many unsavory things that can happen to these delicate eggs while they are in the hands of the PO. Even eggs that do not develop should not be assumed to be "infertile". We have about a 90% hatch rate from these eggs and I break eggs regularly to check for blastoderms. If you are not willing to accept the risks of hatching eggs, please do not bid on this auction. I am unable to replace eggs or issue refunds. We do a superb job of packing eggs to do our best to ensure their safe arrival to you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by