12+ BBS cayuga

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Sebrightmom, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Sebrightmom

Sebrightmom Songster

Jun 26, 2008
    Greencastle, IN
    Do not bid. I am getting lots of eggs. I can ship up to four dozen a week. I will ship up to two dozen at a time. The second dozen is $10. Please email or Pm me if you would like some cayuga eggs.

In my group of cayugas, I have a black drake with black, blue, and silver hens. So you will hatch out black or blue ducklings.

I can not guarantee your hatch rate due to shipping and/or incubation methods. I accept paypal.

Here are two eggs I got a few weeks ago. They aren't laying ones that are this dark anymore.
    [​IMG]

Here are two of the hens with they were still very young.
    [​IMG]

This is a picture of my cayugas. I don't have the silver drake anymore but I have two of his daughters.

[​IMG]

2. swheat

swheat The Bantam Barn

Mar 18, 2008
    Alabama
    My Coop
    Those are some nice dark eggs ! [​IMG]

3. Sebrightmom

Sebrightmom Songster

Jun 26, 2008
    Greencastle, IN
    Thanks! They were when they first started laying. Now they are mostly white except a few gray ones.

4. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Crowing

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    turned out nice didnt they.
    I lost my silver hen, but still have a couple males that I am breeding to the blues, it's throwing more silver babies, so you may want to keep back a blue drake for them.
    Their basically just a splash version anyway, so it works the same way as blue in chickens if you want to make you some more.

5. Sebrightmom

Sebrightmom Songster

Jun 26, 2008
    Greencastle, IN
    They are nice. You did a nice job breeding some of them. I only have a black hen and a blue hen left that I got out of your eggs. I have two silver hens that were out of the silver drake and the hens I got from you. I am working on the silver's and blue's leg color. My silver drake had the wrong leg color and he was putting that on his blue and silver offspring. I got a really nice black drake that is show quality. I am hoping the blues out of him have his leg color. I am working on trying blues and silver that I can take to open shows and show and try to get these colors accepted. Well that is atleast me goal.[​IMG]

6. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Crowing

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    sounds good. I've been trying that too, but no luck on the silvers, they all come out light, the blues are fine though. let me know down the line if you get them fixed up

7. missred871

missred871 Eggxhausted Momma

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    it says the second dozen is 10 so whats the first? [​IMG] LOVVVVE the dark egg! Gorgeous... I wish someof mine would lay a darker egg, mine are mutts [​IMG] Got em from a wonderful BYCer here in my area and she thought that the full grown ones I got from her were part rouen/swedish but I am nearly certain they are rouen/appleyard/swedish/cayuga I hatched out like 14 (that survived) cause I lost two [​IMG] I guess it happens. Anyway, I couldnt figure out WHAT color they would end up because the moms are mostly swedish but they are all a green sheen and two of the hens have brown tipped wings (if you look under the wings it is all a brown pattern. When the babies hatched out MOST of them were black with white chests, they all ended up green sheened as well, then there were 6 that came out yellow and black (appleyard patterned) and now that they are about to mature (most of the males have a drake feather coming in or already have one) the females look like rouen/appleyard crosses and the males just look appleyard lol. Its weird. of course I know NOTHING about the genetics chart haha. But anyway I want some Cayugas! I will post some pics in the duck section of the males when their heads finish turning green they are GORGEOUS! Unfortunately only two of them turned out to be girls and one is my house duck tee hee so I will have to get rid of a few of the males but I dont think it will be hard they are so gorgeous! haha I said it again. Sorry i am talking too much I am stuck on the night shift at work and bored out of my mind! [​IMG]

8. Sebrightmom

Sebrightmom Songster

Jun 26, 2008
    Greencastle, IN
    The first dozen is $10 with $15 shipping the second dozen is just $10. You don't have to pay the shipping twice.

9. missred871

missred871 Eggxhausted Momma

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    Quote:cool beans. thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: