12+ BBS split/lav Bearded Silkie Eggs - NPIP

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Three Cedars Silkies, May 29, 2010.

1. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    I am posting one more auction that will close Monday and eggs will ship out on Tuesday.

OK...the girls have cranked back up again with only 1 1/2 broodies! (One of them can't make up her mind...the other one is catatonic)

In the BBS pen are 11 girls...black and splash...and we rotate 4 boys in with them. One is a nice blue cock (he just graduated after his birthday this month [​IMG] ), a black cock, a splash cock and a gorgeous splash/lav split cockerel that we got from Shagbark silkies a few months ago as a young bird. Don't know for sure if he is completing the deed, but he is giving it his all!!

More pics below in addition to a pic of our packaging. I will say that this year has been HELL on shipping. You should definitely not get any cracked eggs but it seems that the ones I've received have had a lot of aircell damage. However, we have hatched quite a few from those eggs with loose aircells, so don't give up hope on them! I even hatched a lavender chick from an egg that I received cracked and then patched with wax! Pick ups are welcome!

UPDATE: We hatched 4 babies from our eggs last night and hatched a lavender!! I know that our black cock is a split lav, the splash cockerel is a split lav (mentioned above) and there are 2 or 3 black split lav hens...but this is the first time we've hatched a lav!! So pumped!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by