1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

12 Bearded Paint Silkie Eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Three Cedars Silkies, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Up for auction are an even dozen eggs from our two paint pens. In one pen are 3 paint hens with a gorgeous GM line black male. In the second pen are 3 lovely black hens with the paint male in the photo above. I am hatching paint eggs almost every week and my incubator is full right now so we are offering this dozen. They will be ready to ship on Monday, Nov. 21 by priority mail. It is possible that I may be able to ship them on Saturday if the girls keep laying like they are right now.

You will not get 100% spotted chicks from these eggs. I just hatched 8 paint eggs yesterday and my percentage was 5 spotted babies, 2 blues and 1 black. I have never hatched anything but paint, blue and black chicks from my pens, although I understand that other breeders have hatched other colors. The spotted chicks are typically hatched with pink skin which darkens to black over the first 1-2 weeks. All of my paint chicks from these pens now have black skin, black eyes and slate beaks. The pics below are of chicks just hours old. It is possible to have some pink patches on the underside of the foot as adults, but none of my juveniles from these pens have the pink patches. Paint to paint breedings are more likely to have the pink remain. Do the black and blue chicks hatched from these pens carry the paint gene? Probably. Many paint breeders are crossing the solid offspring and getting paint chicks. The paint is still a work in progress and there is much we still don't know about how the paint gene works.

We are NPIP certified. We do like satisfied customers but there are so many things that can happen to shipped eggs that we just cannot guarantee your hatch rate. Because an egg is "clear" does not mean that it is not a fertile egg. We wish that we could replace eggs for those that have had a less than stellar trip, but it's just not possible. We really appreciate your leaving feedback based on the packing job and our communication with you. Thanks so much for your understanding.

We do an excellent job packing the eggs so they can make the safest journey possible to you. We are hatching some gorgeous chicks from this pen and certainly believe that you will as well.

Shipping is $10.00 priority mail.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  2. I-Have-Happy-Hens

I-Have-Happy-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps