12+ Bearded Partridge Silkie Eggs ship Saturday (Illinois)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by mothergoose, Nov 16, 2007.

1. mothergoose

mothergoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Chebanse, Illinois
    Hello all,
    I have 12+ Bearded Partridge Silkie eggs that I would like to ship tomorrow (Saturday) I will include extras. I really don't need to set these, so if someone would like to, that would be great. I just checked a batch of these that I have incubating and fertility is at 100% here.

12+ silkie eggs for $18.00 shipping & delivery confirmation included.

My paypal is [email protected]

Thanks for looking,
    Christie

2. SloCrevs

SloCrevs Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2007
    Central Coast, CA
    Why would you ship them saturday? Then they will be sitting around the post office on sunday. Is that not a problem?

3. That's a good question and maybe I can answer that [​IMG]
    Priority packages shipped Sat morning are *usually* delivered on Monday (at least that has been my experience).
    Packages mailed Saturday mornings travel from here in South Carolina at to the 'other coast' (CA and WA) and are delivered *usually* Monday morning.
    I don't think they spend any time 'sitting around' unless a package gets to the PO on Sat afternoon after the last pick-up has been made.

Lisa

4. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Yes, Dipsy is right. Mail continues to move on Sunday even though they are not delivering to homes. Mail never sits around. Trucks and planes move 7 days a week.

Jody

5. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    i agree dipsy, that has been my experience also. mine mabe 1 in 20 packages may get there on tues if that even but almost always it has been mon.

mail gets moved faster over the weekends because there is not so many deliveries as there is during the week and less trafic on the interstate, lots less stops to make. if it was delivered on sat then yes it is more than likely it would have to sit over the weekend if it was not picked up in time on sat. here on sat last pick up is 1pm. sat ship out should not be a problem at all. i just make sure i ship sat am as early as possible.
    silkie

6. jenlynn4

jenlynn4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    Yep, the mail still moves on sunday, its just not delivered on that day! Dipsy and everyone else are correct! [​IMG]

7. mothergoose

Jan 12, 2007
    Chebanse, Illinois
    Our last postal truck pickup leaves our postoffice at 11 a.m. on Saturday c.s.t.

Thanks for the input everyone!
    Christie [​IMG]

8. mothergoose

Jan 12, 2007
    Chebanse, Illinois
    Well, since nobody felt the need to save me from myself...in the incubator they go!

I'm Hopeless,
    Christie [​IMG]

9. SloCrevs

SloCrevs Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2007
    Central Coast, CA
    Thanks you guys. I always wondered about that. I know around here, everything shuts down on Sundays. So thanks for clearing that up for me!

-Sarah

10. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Do you by any chance have a picture of your partridge silkies? I'd like to see them.... as I am interested in a color that is darker than buff but lighter than some partridges...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by