12+ Bearded Silkie bantam eggs - Catdance Silkies

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by kelar, Sep 17, 2010.

1. kelar

kelar Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2010
    yacolt
    Up for your consideration are 12+ assorted color eggs from my show winning bearded Silkie bantam flock. Colors available are partridge, buff, black, blue/splash & white. These will ship priority on Monday, 9/20. Please, no color choice - I will try to send an assortment, but cannot honor requests for just one or two colors. The flock is NPIP certified and AI tested clean. I do show my birds and have won BB at my last 2 shows as well as many BVs and RVs. A pullet hatched from a white pair I sold was recently named Grand Champion at the Wa. County Fair in Oregon. I've been getting some really nice chicks this year and all the birds pictured were hatched from the same breeding flocks as your eggs will come from. The silkies in my breeding flocks are all carefully chosen for their own individual merits and even more importantly, their ability to produce quality offspring. I do pack eggs extremely well and my customers are reporting good success. Please be prepared to pay via paypal at auction's end - no e-checks please as they take too long to clear. You can see more of my silkies at http://www.catdancesilkies.com. Thank you for looking.

Best of Breed, White pullet 12/09

[​IMG]

Best of Breed, Splash pullet, PNPA show, April 2010
    [​IMG]

Reserve of Breed, Black pullet, 12/09

[​IMG]

Best Variety, Partridge pullet, PNPA show, April 2010

[​IMG]

Some of this year's youngsters:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The same chick as pictured above - a young man now. Congratulations to Jen in Oregon on her purchase of this beautiful cockerel:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hatched by Three Cedars Silkies in Florida:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hatched by Jen in Ohio

[​IMG]

Hatched by Christine in Oregon:

[​IMG]

Teenagers:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A stunning white cockerel hatched in March - watch for him at the shows!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jenlynn4

jenlynn4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    any chance of getting all white??? I really need to find a suitable replacement for my roo. [​IMG]

3. kelar

May 22, 2010
    yacolt
    Hi Jen - the whites just are not laying well enough right now to put together an all white order. One pen is brooding and the other is taking a vacation I guess - I only got a couple of white eggs today from the 2 pens:( I did however have a lot of white cockerels born this year and most of them are going to be for sale. The young white on the fence post under the pics of the partridge boys is one of them. It's been pouring rain here so have not been able to get them out for more pictures.

4. chicken_china_mom

chicken_china_mom Crazy for Cochins

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    I'm broke right now, and not wanting to incubate anymore eggs with winter right around the corner, but I will be wanting some GOOD Silkies to add to my flock for next year, and I was wondering if you will have some eggs come spring? I have one good Blue pullet, but the rest of my Silkies, they are not good quality at all, and I'd like to move them to the pet pen and get good Silkies. Would you have some in the spring, around March? Praying I have the money by then. I like the fact that you mix up the eggs and give a variety of colors. I'd really like some Buff and Splash. Something that will turn out nice to take to show, you know? The ones I have now have messed up combs, or poor foot feathering. I ordered some Silkie eggs and the Partridges that hatched out, two don't even have much leg feathering at all, so they are no good for creating a breeding pen. But I'm patient. Your birds are beautiful and I'd like to have a chance to hatch some out. I don't know how many birds you have or how many eggs you normally get, but I'd like to get at least 2 dozen since Silkies don't hatch that well for me. If that is possible, please let me know. Thanks!

5. xyresicchick

xyresicchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2010
    Providence, RI
    What size are your silkies? I know it says bantam, but how heavy do they get? Are there standard size silkies? I love hatching chicks! So I think I may buy these if nobody else jumps at the last minute for them like sometimes happens....

6. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    Just wanted to say a big "THANK YOU" for the wonderful packing job on our eggs we received this week. All 18 made it here safe and sound and are in our incubator, hopefully growing away. No cracked eggs, no detached air sacks.

I will definitely be back to buy more eggs, if you have them in the spring!

Thanks again! [​IMG]

7. jenlynn4

jenlynn4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    daaa if I would have read you whole post I would have seen that!!! I need to start reading the WHOLE post before I start typeing! LOL

8. kelar

May 22, 2010
    yacolt
    I'll try to address all the questions & comments with this post. Acid Chipmunk - you are quite welcome, I hope you have a great hatch:) Thanks for being a great customer!

As far as egg supply - I usually have eggs in all colors year round, BUT, I expect they will be in high demand and shorter supply in early spring. The hens just do not lay as well in the winter & with silkies, you have to take into consideration their tendency to lay for a few weeks and then go broody. Also, like everyone else, I expect to be doing a lot of my own hatching in the spring. So, I just don't know what I will have available then, but please check back when you are ready.

As far as the question about size - the Silkie is a true bantam and I breed to the standard as much as possible. When size seems to be getting off track, I try to add a bigger or smaller bird to the mix. The Silkie standard calls for Cocks to be 36 oz., cockerels 32 oz., hens 32 oz. and pullets at 28 oz. Not very big!

9. xyresicchick

xyresicchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2010
    Providence, RI
    okay! who do i send payment to via paypal? pm me

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by