12+ Black East Indie Duck Eggs - SOLD

Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies

Songster
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
NY
First one to say SOLD gets them.

I want to ship asap SO PLEASE USE PAYPAL.

$32.00 includes Priority mail with a tracking Slip.

MAKE SURE I GET YOUR COMPLETE/CORRECT NAME & ADDRESS
AS WELL AS A PHONE NUMBER FOR THE BOX.

[email protected]

144622414.jpg

124885015.jpg

162089271.jpg

157299525.jpg

104587332.jpg

125001952.jpg

125001949.jpg

124888853.jpg

101684735.jpg

96338690.jpg

96338651.jpg

96342108.jpg

143747688.jpg

169761634.jpg

170101233.jpg

107138003.jpg

101937081.jpg

I keep my Indies Seperated during Breeding season.
Also My Birds are good Quality, You could get Show Potential offspring.

No they are not Call Ducks

A very distinctive feature of the Black East Indies is the iridescent green sheen in their black feathers.
The flashing iridescent color really shows up in the sunshine. Its feathers are very soft to the touch. Indies are Bantam ducks weighing about 2.5 pounds as adults they are approximately the same size as the Call ducks. Their legs and neck are a little bit longer and its body shape is a little more streamlined. They remind me of the much larger Cayuga Duck. There should be no brown or purple in the plumage of an Indie duck. White can develop in some of the older ducks especially the females. This is considered a disqualification in show birds but most people show their younger stock anyway. Their legs, feet and bills should be black and as with the Calls their legs should be placed so that the duck stands level. BEI females have a loud quack but not quite as loud as the Calls. We love having these birds as pets and I am sure you will to if you decide to get some. There are advantages to having bantam ducks, ie: small ducks, small mess, big ducks, big mess. Another comparison is to the size of a Cayuga that averages 8 pounds. That means you can have three BEI for the same amount of food consumption and housing space. You do not need a large pond for them to be happy. A small plastic kids pool or one of the small plastic ponds from a garden center works well. Our ducks love them!

Last edited:
:) Please bare with me.
The Postal system is hard on shipped eggs, not to mention the plane ride. It can not be helped if the air cells break or become miss shaped. That is why I and most people send the extras to help even out any problems. I ship my eggs as good or better than most so I do not have to worry I did not do my best with no secound guessing anything. I do not recomend you put duck eggs under a broodie hen these eggs take 28 days to hatch not 21 and if your hen is sitting befor you even buy eggs that is a long time for the health of a hen.
ALSO female ducks get up several times a day, swim then get back on the nest...
Duck eggs need a higher humidity level than chicken eggs. I do not have an unlimited supply of duck eggs to replace orders.
The ducks do not lay all year like my chickens.. I recomend you candle on day 8 and toss the bad ones. "NO SOONER"
I also do not recomend putting chicken eggs under a duck.
I understand everyone wanting to do this.. good luck, some times it works out well and some times it don't.
ALL THAT BEING SAID - Most people have a good experence hatching eggs, and I always hope every one has a good hatch.

big_smile.png

Last edited:
If ANYONE is interested in Melanie's BEI eggs, GO FOR IT! I bought 6 she sent 8 and I currently have 6 eggs with babies in them under one of my hens. They were packed to perfection and shipped really fast.

Melanie, if I had the spare $$ I would jump all over these! I can't wait till my little darlin's hatch (crossing my fingers there's a crested or 2
smile.png
)

Your Box is FULL.
Wanted to say that if you can accept a money order or check instead of a paypal (which I don't trust, and don't want to relay my information that way), I'll buy them. And understanding the concern, I'll send you my address and phone number first, I just bought eggs from mergmet and Marie-martin that way. Thanks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom