1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

12+ BLRW eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by buzzard chick, May 8, 2009.

1. buzzard chick

buzzard chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2007
    Toms River, NJ
    These will ship out Monday. I will send everything laid until then.
    2nd batch to go out on Thursday or Friday. $40.00 includes shipping. My birds are throwing splash, BLR and BlackLR.

Jen
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  2. bigmike&nan

bigmike&nan Chillin' With My Peeps

As a reference Jen is the best !! We got our birds from her and she's a really great person !!

I got a jar of coffee for you still Jen, Keyna AA

Michael

3. buzzard chick

Aug 17, 2007
    Toms River, NJ
    Thanks Mike! How did the hatch go? Anything? I will be taking pics of the babies today and e-mail them to you. Still iffy on the sexes though. Trying again with a Buff broody.
    Jen

4. bigmike&nan

Today is 4 weeks, she is still sitting on the eggs, but no go. We have 4 bantam cochin eggs on their way here. We're gonna do a late night swap on her, I bet she'll stay on them. She's very content in her little setup... The kids are great, we sent you a phone vid of them. We are getting a Brinsea 20 next week. Have some asst. bantam frizzle cochin eggs on hold and we'll be giving YOU chicks one of these days. LOL

You're the best Jen, we really appreciate all you have done for us.

Michael (and Nan)

Let me know on the Saverolles, we would love to get a couple more girls for sure. And we're looking for some company for Alice, something about her age... A couple of girls.... We have our share of boys now thank you...

5. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    You're killing me Jen! I'm sitting on my hands til I get rid of some roosters!

6. ColbyNTX

ColbyNTX Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Woods, TX
    How has your hatch rate been on shipped eggs? Any feedback?

7. buzzard chick

Aug 17, 2007
    Toms River, NJ
    I've been getting anywhere from 60-80% on my shipped eggs. If anyone wants more pictures I have a few of the chicks I've hatched and more of the hens. Photobucket is giving me a problem with uploading. So send you email addy.

Jen

8. ColbyNTX

ColbyNTX Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Woods, TX
    Sold for next Friday deiivery. PM your PP info.

9. bigmike&nan

Colby,

I KNEW you were jumping to conclusions when I saw your post... No those eggs are not from Jen.

We have a hen we got from Jen last year, Alice. Her mate Tony passed away 4 weeks ago today. Two days before he passed away she went broody, on a total of 3 eggs.

But we are figuring he was a little off - he had a sudden respiratory thing that got him. He came down with it about 5 days before he passed.... So even though they had been "together" before he passed things just didn't take...

Good luck, Jen IS the best !!

And we're very lucky, she is a half hour drive from us so we go see her in person and always bring her baked goods, fresh roasted coffee and the like to stay on her good side... You cannot go wrong with Jen...

I do not hastily recommend anyone. I am older and my rep is on the line. So when I say I give someone my personal thumbs up it MEANS SOMETHING.

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  10. bigmike&nan

Bump,

See my revised post please.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by