12+ Blue/Black/Splash Jersey Giants-excellent bloodlines!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Wynette, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Bertuzzi is 8 months old in the auction picture - he was 10.8 lbs. in the pic, still has more filling out to do. His breeding is pure Maria Hall. I'm really pleased with this guy. He's got a nice, long back, and has really good overall balance. Add to that, he's a pleasure to work with, laid back, but an excellent breeder & flock protector.

I have culled down to the three nicest girls from last fall's hatch - he has three girls, two of which are pure Maria Hall (a very dark blue and a splash), the third is from my original line of Jerseys, and I don't know what their bloodline is, but she's a very nice example of the breed, and is a light blue.

I've shipped out two test hatch batches of eggs, both went well.

THIS IS A PAYPAL ONLY AUCTION - I am adding the following buyer requirements due to issues with prior auction winners:

1) you MUST have a minimum of 500 posts to bid.
    2) you MUST have no negative feedback.
    3) you MUST make your PayPal payment by 7 p.m. the day the auction ends.

I'm sorry to have to add these requirements, but I just cannot afford to put the time in carefully collecting and storing, monitoring the storage temp & humidity, turning them several times a day, and carefully packaging, only to have someone not be serious about them.

Eggs will be shipped out no later than 2 p.m. the day after auction ends.

Here are a few more pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. slackwater

slackwater Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2010
    SoMD
    LOL - all I seem to be able to do is bid up Wynette's auctions!! [​IMG]

3. Chevis

Chevis Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    Brunot
    Quick question Wynette.......I got a surprise pkg from the hatchery and I got a Black hen that I really think is a JG. She is pretty big w? black legs and the bottems of her feet r yellow. She has real dark eyes also. What do u think???[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Wynette

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Chevis, yes, it sounds like it could be a Jersey Giant! Can you send me a pic?

Slackwater - I'm sorry!

5. Chevis

May 4, 2010
    Brunot
    AWESOME!!! Ill get a pic tonight!! (this is great!)[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Wynette

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Chevis, if you have a black Jersey hen, you'll adore her! They are SO laid back - I just love them!

7. Chevis

May 4, 2010
    Brunot
    Had to work last night [​IMG] So I will get 1 this weekend & show u monday!![​IMG] I hope she is a JG, She is beautiful, and I really would like to have a few more........hint hint. LOL!! [​IMG]

8. slackwater

Feb 1, 2010
    SoMD
    Quote:That's okay...as long as you don't mind if I "stalk" your auctions...I'm here to ensure that you get buku bucks! [​IMG]

9. slackwater

Feb 1, 2010
    SoMD
    Oh, and now I have more than 500 posts, so I'm a legal bidder, too [​IMG]

10. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Wow, great auction Wynette! [​IMG]

Wynette is a fantastic shipper! And a great breeder to deal with! You won't be disappointed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by