1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

12+ Blue/Black (very few splash)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by iajewel, May 11, 2011.

1. iajewel

iajewel Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2008
    Corning IA
    Listing is for 12+ Orpington eggs. These chicks will be close to 50% blue /black.

Out of large hatches I end up with about 3-6 Splash, very few in comparison.

This flock came from Bama chicken (Julie) here on BYC about 3yrs ago. No other strains have been added since that time. They are very large birds with really nice type. They are extremely hardy, I dont' pamper my birds.

I have had one auction prior to this one where scbatz33 here on BYC won the bid. She has informed me that out of 18 eggs she has 13 with good development and should hatch soon. I don't know why she has not posted feed back, I can't control that part. I can send you more eggs if you have any issues with your eggs not hatching. So far shipped eggs seem to be right around 80% as I have done a bit of trading too and everyone seems happy.

In the following photos of chicks you can see what I hatched recently. Please ignorer the silkie and partridge bantam chicks in the photo. All of the black and blue chicks are Orps.

I will collect eggs for 4 days after your auction ends, you get all the eggs from those 4 days, way over 12.

I don't have pay pal so MO is the only way of payment.

[​IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also there is one BLR in the flock, you could end up with an egg or two of her's. This is another reason you will be getting well over 12 eggs, to make up for the fact up to 4 eggs could be from her.

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  2. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    [​IMG] Your inbox is full

3. iajewel

Oct 22, 2008
    Corning IA
    Oh my.. I cleaned it out. Thanks for letting me know.

4. pinkwindsong

pinkwindsong Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2011
    Laurens SC
    Quote:oh my they are beautiful.. but Im looking at next year before I can add any more chicks. but I am deff. getting Orphgingtons.. either the blue or black but also the lavender..

5. iajewel

Oct 22, 2008
    Corning IA
    If you get Blue, you will have black. You can't breed blue to blue and get blue. The only 100% way to get an all blue hatch is to breed black to splash. So if you are breeding them, you will have all 3 colors. I could send eggs that would only hatch blues, however this would not help out someone who would want to hatch chicks of their own someday, so I send a mix.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by