12 Blue Laced Red Wyandotte chicks 2-3 weeks old mostly blues

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by marquisella, Apr 20, 2011.

1. marquisella

marquisella Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2009
    I am offrrering 12 Blue Laced Red Wyandotte chicks, almost all are blue, I think 2 or 3 are splash.

These are my breeding. I have been breeding for 6 years without adding another line or another breed. I've improved color and type.

I will ship on Monday. I placed the shipping at $65. If it is less, I will refund the difference. My zip code is 13476, to calculate shipping. They will go Express and should weigh around 6 lbs.

Paypal only.

I am hatching weekly, and sell chicks normally at $8 each straight run and am taking orders for end of May.

These photos are of my breeding hens and one rooster. I like to include more than 1 photo, so people can see that I do have more than just "one" good typy bird.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  2. gronsk

gronsk Out Of The Brooder

Aug 17, 2010
    SE MA
    What do you mean by mostly blues?

3. marquisella

Jan 30, 2009
    With blue, you always have "splash", which are lighter. I counted very few splash chicks in the group, maybe 2. The rest will be the color of the hens in the photos.
    Splash are not "bad", its just a lighter color. Most breeders use splash with the dark blues. Breeding dark blue to dark blue can get you too dark birds.

4. BeccaSmith

BeccaSmith Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2011
    Meridian, ID
    Beautiful! Wish you lived locally so I didn't have to pay shipping! It's pretty much impossible to find these beauties locally! Next year I will have to save my money up!

5. marquisella

Jan 30, 2009
    Quote:Where do you live?

I get around some...camping, and hopefully going to Crossroads in October.

Sue

6. triciakoontz

triciakoontz Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2011
    Hillsborough, NC
    If you ship on Monday to North Carolina will the chicks arrive on Tuesday (overnight)?
    Thanks!
    Tricia

7. Danny39

Danny39 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2010
    Ohio
    Hi Sue, Are you planning any trips to Ohio or Indiana?

8. marquisella

Jan 30, 2009
    Yes, I plan to go to Crossroads in October.

Shipping Express should take one day, but I count on 2 just in case and put fruit for them in the box.

9. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Well, if you ever come to camp here in Colorado, bring some babies with [​IMG]

10. marquisella

Jan 30, 2009
    Quote:I'd love to go to Colorado camping, but with the cost of gas, and 12 miles per gallon, don't think its gonna happen! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by