12+ Blue Laced Red Wyandottes - BEST BLOODLINES!

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by slackwater, Mar 25, 2015.

1. slackwater

slackwater Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2010
    SoMD
    Next shipment 6/15!
    These blue laced red wyandottes (BLRW) are a real beauty - vibrant coloring, crisp lacing, full bodies - I have spent years collecting birds from the four best bloodlines and culling until I've got the best of the best in my flock. I only breed two breeds of chickens - so I've spent plenty of time making sure that these birds are BEAUTIFUL!
    In this sale, you will get 12+ fertile hatching eggs, carefully packaged and shipped via USPS; shipping is $14. My feedback speaks to my ability to wrap eggs so that they arrive safely intact. However, as with all sales of shipped hatching eggs, I *cannot* guarantee your hatch rate! Factors such as temperature extremes, rough handling and x-raying the package can significantly impact your potential hatch rate - before the eggs are even delivered! If you want a guaranteed number of chicks, I recommend that you consider purchasing chicks directly.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  2. Prairie Fleur

Prairie Fleur Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2014
    Ingalls Ks
    Do you have full body pics of your BLRWs?

3. wday

wday Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2014
    Cleveland,Tx
    What bloodlines are they?

4. slackwater

Feb 1, 2010
    SoMD
    I took a few more pics this weekend...are these the type you're looking for?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. slackwater

Feb 1, 2010
    SoMD
    I've got birds from Foley, Paul, Sterling and Blue. And, of course, crosses of those at this point, within my own flock.

6. Prairie Fleur

Prairie Fleur Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2014
    Ingalls Ks
    Yes that's what I was looking for! I'm Loving that splash hen!!!!

7. Darkesroh

Darkesroh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2013
    LaPine, OR
    You have beautiful birds are you NPIP certified? Have you tested them for MG? I'm currently certified and MG free and can only buy from certified MG free breeders to keep my certification. I'm looking for a few birds to add to my flock.

8. slackwater

Feb 1, 2010
    SoMD
    I am NPIP certified but have never had a reason to go through the MG testing.

9. Darkesroh

Darkesroh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2013
    LaPine, OR
    The reason I tested for MG is it is around more than you think. My last adventure was I purchased 3 roosters from NPIP certified breeder and another rooster from different breeder also NPIP certified and both of these breeders are big sellers online. I had them tested 3 of the 4 had MG and were culled. The birds were never sick or showed any signs of having anything. Lots of money spent and beautiful birds were culled.

10. slackwater

Feb 1, 2010
    SoMD
    I'm so sorry for your losses. I can imagine it is frustrating if you've experienced losses due to infectious diseases in the past and are trying to avoid that for the future. Do you test for all of the options (Salmonella typhoid, Salmonella enteritidis, Mycoplasma gallisepticum, Mycoplasma synoviae, Mycoplasma meleagridis, and Avian Influenza)? Or just the ones you've had experience with? I'd be really impressed if I found a flock that was actually tested for all of those diseases, especially a backyard flock, that may free range birds (like I do) - since, in MD, at least, that would invalidate any Mycoplasma certification that I might get through testing. Most breeders focus on P/T and AI, and only test for other diseases if conditions warrant.

I have had necropsies done in the past but have never had anything infectious/communicable show up, so I certainly haven't had any reason to go any further. I have a closed flock and would practice a "quick cull" flock management technique, in addition to having necropsies done, if the need ever arose.

I wish you luck finding the birds you're looking for!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by