12++ Blue Orpington Eggs with Lavender Recessive - NPIP & AI Tested

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Jobele, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Jobele

Jobele Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2011
    Texas
    I have 12+++ Blue Orpington with Lavender Recessive Hatching Eggs up for auction! I'm overflowing with eggs right now and my incubator is chock full, so I'm gonna put these out there for the Orpington Lovers! These were produced by my breeding pen where I have my Lavender Orpington Rooster over several Splash Orpington hens. This breeding will produce Blue Orpingtons and give you the added bonus of the Lavender recessive. Two different colors....what more could you ask for! It'll be nice to know that you have beautiful Blue Orpingtons and also have the ability to produce the Gorgeous Lavender as well!

Here are some pictures of my Lavender Orpinton Rooster "Louie":

[​IMG]

And here are some pictures of his Splash Orpington hens:

Gertrude

[​IMG]

Bluebelle

[​IMG]

Ingrid (dark - in back) and Gertrude (light - in front)

[​IMG]

I will add extra eggs to the 12 up for auction. My hens are laying very well out of this breeding pen....so I assume that I will be able to add several extras for you!

I'm getting good hatch rates here at my farm, but I cannot guarantee the hatch rate once the eggs leave here due to the fact that I cannot control the US Post Office and how they handle the packages. I will mark the box with "FRAGILE" because I am finding that they are handled better that way. I will put "Hatching Eggs" on the box if you want me to. But, some of the workers handle boxes a little better if you put "Fragile".

My flock is NPIP & AI tested. A certificate will be put in with shipment of eggs. The Orpingtons are very hard winter birds and are prolific brown egg layers. They are a very hardy bird. Please email me with any questions you may have.

Please pay through my Paypal account: [email protected]. Please DO NOT use ECHECK as your payment because it can take too long sometimes for payment to clear. As soon as payment clears......I will ship the eggs.

We ship eggs the same way that we would want to receive them! We bubble wrap each egg and place in in a #4 size shipping box (not egg carton) with extra bubble wrap in box all around the individaully wrapped eggs to make sure they don't move. Then we place that box into another box with padding all around it to secure the eggs even more! We will also put a tracking number on the shipment to keep tabs on it. You will be emailed the tracking number as soon as they are shipped, so that you can keep track as well!

If you want special instructions such as to pick up the eggs at the Post Office...please let me know when you make payment. Also give me your phone number so that I can supply that for the Post Office to call you when your eggs get there! Please supply your email address as well so that I can email you the tracking number. If you want insurance put on your eggs you will have to pay extra for that when you make payment with Paypal.

2. texaschickmom

texaschickmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2009
    Lindale, TX
    Where in Texas are you located? Nice looking girds, BTW.
    Thanks, Martha in Lindale (NE TX)

3. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Pretty Orpingtons! I will be watching this!

~Aspen

4. Jobele

Jul 29, 2011
    Texas
    Quote:Thanks Martha......I'm located right outside of Austin, TX!
    I'm going to be putting some more on today from my black/brown/chocolate project breeding pen.[​IMG]

5. Jobele

Jul 29, 2011
    Texas
    Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Pretty Orpingtons! I will be watching this!

~Aspen

Thanks Mrs. Fluffy Puffy!​

6. Charm1704

Charm1704 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2010
    Elgin, Tx
    I have seen her birds and they are gorgeous and very healthy.....[​IMG] you will not go wrong here! ~Charm1704 [​IMG] I m glad you took my advice on sharing some of your beautiful birds......[​IMG]

7. corancher

corancher Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Colorado
    Have you hatched any of the chicks from this crossing that have grown enough to see the color produced? I ask because the splash hens are not the splash color I am used to as yours have the brown/dun color whereas I am used to the washed out white/light gray with splashes of blue.

I am going to have to check out the genetic calculator. Very interesting and beautiful.

8. billiejo21

billiejo21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2011
    Iowa
    Would you combine shipping on both of your auctions you have right now??? Thanks so much!

9. Jobele

Jul 29, 2011
    Texas
    Quote:I have hatched some with my Lavender and just the lighter colored hen.....they turned out blue. That's why I made the assumption that these would be blue. But, since then I have added the darker hens into the pen....so you might get lucky and throw the dun color that EVERYBODY is wanting! But, you are correct these are not the usual splash that you see all the time!

I have some in the incubator right now off of this pen with the darker hens.....I will have lockdown on the 31st....so I will see what they are throwing....I'm sure it will be pretty though. Thanks for asking the question.....I love to have input from people!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  10. Jobele

Jul 29, 2011
    Texas
    Quote:Well, since the weight would be more.....I would probably have to charge a little more......but not much more since I could use the same boxes for shipping. Hope that would help out some. I'll do what I can to keep it as low as possible to ship! Thanks for looking!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by