12+ coturnix quail eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Dingo, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Dingo

Dingo Chillin' With My Peeps

Up for bid is 12+ extras coturnix quail eggs. My breeder stock is pharaoh, tibetan tuxedo and rosetta tuxedo roos over rosetta, rosetta tuxedo, roux dilute and english white hens. These birds are of good size. The roux dilute started laying at 5 weeks old, the others were laying before 7 weeks old.

I've incubated some of their eggs and have had 100% fertility and viablity.

I get 4-6 eggs per day, the oldest eggs will be 3 days old when shipped. I will ship them out on Monday Jan 2. I will only ship to the continental U.S.

Coturnix can be used for meat, eggs, dog training, aviary clean up or as pets.

As always hatch rates of shipped eggs vary considerably due how the post office handles the boxes. I am not responsible for poor hatch rates.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Larkspur88

Larkspur88 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    South Carolina
    Had no idea quail could be so cute <3

3. could a wyandotte hatch these [​IMG]

4. Dingo

Quote:A wyandotte would probly think the eggs were rocks.. or poo and wonder why you intentionally put them in the nest. [​IMG]

5. Not if I tricked her (my chickens must think im crazy) I can put chicken eggs in her nest the when shes broody switch them and hope she doesnt squash them. It would work since I've had a chicken sit for weeks on nothing, pretty sad

6. gingit

gingit Out Of The Brooder

Oct 30, 2011
    South Florida
    Quote:X2

Now I have to convince Mr. Gingit to buill me a big coop for quails.
    Surely he will be excited...

7. Dingo

Quote:X2

Now I have to convince Mr. Gingit to buill me a big coop for quails.
    Surely he will be excited...

He'll have a few weeks to get it done, they take about 17 days to hatch and a few weeks to brood them. They dont require much space either, oh I guess I'm putting a damper on his excitement. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by