12+ Cream Legbar - Hatching Eggs. Oldest flock in the country.

GaryDean26

Chicken Czar
12 Years
Dec 22, 2011
Cypress, TX
My Coop
My Coop
I have Legbar chickens. My foundation stock was hatched on Greenfire Farm from their 2011 flocks which makes our flock one of the oldest lines of Cream Legbars is the country. Some breeders advertise they have stock from the "Hale" line. The "Hale" line is our flock. We breed for what we like so we wouldn't trade our flock for any other flock in the world, but some things that others feel are tops in importance have taken a back burner in our breeding so if you have question about our flock and breeding please ask. Our birds have won best of breed at multiple Regional Cream Legbar Meets. We currently have three hens how have won best of breed and two that have won reserve of breed in our breeding groups. Links to the shows that we have participated in and photos of our winning birds can be found in the News and Answers session at the bottom of the link HERE.

I am offering 12+ hatching eggs to the people on BYC at $36 a dozen.

We individually bubble wrap each egg in priority shipping boxes. We can ship to most US states. We ask $24 for shipping to cover packing materials, packing time, travel, and postage.

We like the egg color and size we see in our flock. Color is closest to the OAC 123 color reference and hen eggs in our breeding pen average around 70g putting them on the bigger end of the spectrum for the breed (pullet eggs and non-breeders are not as large).

I keep a current NPIP certificate, but do not test for AI and can't ship to states that require that or other permits that would require more than the standard NPIP certification to comply with.

Please PM me for payment arrangements and availability.

***Flock update*** On February 25, 2017 this hen took best of breed in the Cream Legbar Club's on-line show. She is in this spring's breeding groups. We have a total of 10 7 hens in our breeding groups. Three of them have taken Best of Breed and two of them have taken Reserve of Breed.

Last edited:
Good morning. I am a homeschool mom and my kids are going to build a coolerbator and hatch eggs for their science project, so we are a little ways out from needing eggs. But we would really like to get some of your eggs. To save us on expenses, are you willing to sell by the half dozen? Will that also make shipping cost to down?

We can do the following:

6+ eggs $18 + $18 for shipping in Medium Priority Shipping box ($36 shipped)
10+ eggs $30 + $18 for shipping in Medium Priority Shipping box ($48 shipped)
12+ eggs $36 + $24 for shipping in Larger Priority Shipping box ($60 shipped)
24+ eggs $72 + $24 for shipping in Larger Priority Shipping box ($96 shipped)

Last edited:
Beautiful Legbar. What size eggs do you generally get from your flock.

Our breeding hens average 68-72+ gram eggs. We get about 1/3 of the flock laying eggs in that range. The bottom end of the spectrum is around 60-63 grams eggs.

We got one a few days ago from an 8 month old pullet that broke our record for largest egg. It was 107 grams. We haven't opened it up yet but it may be our first triple yolker.

Big Green Egg.jpg

I would like to buy some of your eggs, would more then one dozen fit in a box? And do you offer heat packs at an additional fee as I live in Wisconsin and the ones I got from another source today arrived frozen solid... seller’s literal response was “ yeah ordering eggs sucks sometimes” no reply to the fact I had heat packs delivered directly to them ...
I will be honest I am NOT a internet person, so if you can PLEASE text me at (715) 889-0446 to arrange whatever you would like for payment, a possible ETA(depending on your ladies of course) and if you don’t have heat packs I will happily buy them on ebay but delivered directly to you if that’s ok...
no rush with the holidays!! if you do not text, can you email my daughter at [email protected]? Gotta love kids ...never without their phone... THANK YOU

We can do the following:

6+ eggs $18 + $18 for shipping in Medium Priority Shipping box ($36 shipped)
10+ eggs $30 + $18 for shipping in Medium Priority Shipping box ($48 shipped)
12+ eggs $36 + $24 for shipping in Larger Priority Shipping box ($60 shipped)
24+ eggs $72 + $24 for shipping in Larger Priority Shipping box ($96 shipped)
I just sent you a message. I'd like to buy two dozen of your eggs. My email/PayPal is mountainwhisper@ gmail.com

Back
Top Bottom