12 day old Muscovy with 1 day old Muscovies?

thepregnantgod

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 11, 2012
When I get a few 30 mins I'll post my tragic foray into incubating and hatching Muscovies. In the mean time, I had assisted one egg 12 days ago that we named "Grendel." He has a slight case of wry neck and splay leg (both of which I'm attempting to correct). Other than that, he's totally imprinted on me and it's fine. We have a large yard, two large ponds, etc. Just yesterday I had to save the final two eggs with an assisted hatch.

They are perfectly healthy and warm right now. Took them out to give them some water and introduce them to Grendel. Now, he's only 12 days older and they naturally want to imprint on him by cuddling, etc. He on the other hand is nipping at their toes and such. Nothing significant, yet. But I'm curious if anyone else has had Muscovy delayed hatches put together? How'd they behave? I know that in about a month they'll all be the same size and things should be fine but I really would like the two babies to imprint on Grendel so he has some company - plus I don't need three ducklings BELLOWING the minute they can't see me.

Anyone with similar experiences?

Back
Top Bottom