12+ Dominique Hatching Eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by itsmyobsession, Mar 21, 2011.

1. itsmyobsession

itsmyobsession Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2010
    Georgia
    These are LF true American Dominiques, they have a rose comb and yellow legs and are large, hearty, great layers.

These eggs will be sent on Monday March 28th, once confirmation of paypal payment is made and shipping is a flat rate of $14.00. I bubble wrap each egg individually and then place them in a cardboard egg carton which I also bubble wrap, they are then placed inside a shipping box lined with packing pillows. Any empty space is filled up with peanuts. With this being said I have no control ove the condition of the eggs once they leave my hands. I just finished a hatch with these eggs and had 100% hatch rate so I have a brooder filled with tons of cute little Dominique fuzzy butts.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Happy bidding.

[​IMG]

First little guy from my latest hatching.

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Yvonne37894

Yvonne37894 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2009
    Live Oak, FL
    Very nice birds ,what line or where did you get them?

3. itsmyobsession

Jun 22, 2010
    Georgia
    Thank you. When I first started with chickens my DH and I had a flock of barred rock and through them got into the Dominique when we found out they were more "extinct". We sold our flock of barred rock and found this original line from an old time farmer in a town close to me. He was raising dominique on his farm for 30+ years and had no idea what he had. He just called them "dominickers" and called them his layers. I pulled up at his house and saw all these big beautiful dominiques free ranging on his farm. I pursuaded him to sell me a few of his "layers", the chicks are hatching out with yellow legs and all are growing the true rose comb, which tells me this line has never been crossed and are pure TRUE American Dominiques.

I just finished a hatch on Saturday and had 100 % hatch rate with thie breed, I have been very happy with them.

4. Yvonne37894

Jul 13, 2009
    Live Oak, FL
    What a find !!!!!

They are beautiful, so your eggs are nice and big eggs that hatch big chicks

5. itsmyobsession

Jun 22, 2010
    Georgia
    Yes eggs are a good size and they hatch a nice size chick

6. Yvonne37894

Jul 13, 2009
    Live Oak, FL
    If I didn't already have some I would buy 3 doz at this price.

Such a find to have a pure line of over 30 year of breeding

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by