12+ Easter Egger hatching eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ChooksChick, Nov 24, 2009.

1. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    I will have at least a dozen eggs by the end of this auction, and will send whatever the girls lay during the auction time so as to assure the freshest eggs.

There is a thread going right now that shows eggs and discusses the coloring of the chicks and parents:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=3214291#p3214291

I bubble wrap and label profusely unless otherwise requested, and have had excellent hatch rates.

These are some of the nicest birds I've ever met, and I hope you enjoy them!

2. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Gosh I want these! But my bator is put away for winter, and I still have babies in the brooder.

3. ChooksChick

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Thanks! PM me later if you want some!

4. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Quote:I will, thanks! I will be hatching again in early spring.

5. Peeper7

Peeper7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    Northeast Ohio
    I'm Nuts!...I'm Nuts!...I'm Nuts!...I'm Nuts!...I'm Nuts!...I'm Nuts!...I'm Nuts!...I'm Nuts!...I'm Nuts!...I'm Nuts!...
    ask anyone....
    I just hatched a batch and said I'm DONE for the year.... SOMEONE PLEASE OUTBID ME! [​IMG]

6. dinahmoe

dinahmoe Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Sep 19, 2009
    central georgia
    [​IMG]

i know how you feel.i haven't even hatched the ones in the bator now and already i'm thinking i need another bator!

7. Peeper7

Apr 2, 2009
    Northeast Ohio
    Well, I just made e-friends with a local from Craig's List who wants me to hatch her a batch of EE's in the spring. Sooo, since I only have a few EE's and I've decided i love them, I cannot fulfill my promise unless I have enough EE's to lay. After all, I only have about 5 hens.
    Now I can't possibly hatch for her in the spring unless I get more now -- very logical don't ya think? It's purely a business decision.....
    So what if I have no place to brood them! There's still the bathtub....

8. ChooksChick

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
  9. Peeper7

Apr 2, 2009
    Northeast Ohio
    So funny!

I've thought of doing the same with my 130+ yr old home, but I need to be sure the cat can't get to them.
    Here's one for your column.... My bathroom is attached to the bedroom and chicks make a lot of dust.....which I'm sure you know.
    Last brood I read somewhere that peat moss was good bedding so I thought I'd give it a try....bad idea.
    My entire bathroom and bedroom were BROWN from ceiling to floor. I'm still cleaning it up.

I've even become a closet hatch-a-holic. There are friends and family I will just not tell I'm hatching MORE eggs when I can barely take care of the chickens I have.... [​IMG]

10. Peeper7

Apr 2, 2009
    Northeast Ohio
    Uh oh...no one wanting Christmas peeps but me? C'mon bidders [​IMG]

Love your column by the way Renee... what a great idea and great information.. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by