1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

12+ EE Eggs- $25 Shipped!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ChooksChick, Jul 6, 2010.

1. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    This is for 12+ eggs from my EE home flock.

These are eggs from my docile, loving Easter Eggers who lay varying colors of eggs. One lays an almost grass green, one a lemongrass, and the other 2 lay bluer eggs of a nice dark shade. Here's a shot with my crazy ET fingers for color comparison.

I pack in bubble wrap and will make the eggs as secure as possible. My shipped eggs have an excellent hatch rate of fat, healthy chicks. We feed the hens 19% with organic supplements.

[​IMG]

You can see pics of chicks from these birds in this thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=268663

[​IMG]This is Ms. Owl, her eggs are the deeply colored teal.

[​IMG] This is CindyLou Who (the smallest beard of all)

[​IMG] This is Dovey, as she is black and chocolate colored

[​IMG] Kiwi lays the mint green with a tan overlay- a pale olive, often with purple speckles.

Roo's white with blue lacing and blue tail, black and white striping on his streamers. His kids with Kiwi are consistently 50% blue laced (Andalusian-style) and 25% splash or black, and the other 25% are chipmunk.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll have them ready to go to the post office upon payment, chookschick at gmail dot com!

Thanks for looking!!

2. StormyMoon

StormyMoon Songster

May 1, 2010
    Alvarado, TX
    How long can eggs travel in mail before going bad? I wasn't sure how this works with them being away from their moms warmth?

3. greenfingers

greenfingers Songster

Mar 27, 2009
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Ooooh, Cindy Lou is so pretty!! Trying not to bid [​IMG]

4. newlyweds

newlyweds Pearl of the Prairie

Mar 12, 2010
    Southeast Texas
    Do you have a picture of the Rooster? Your hens are gorgeous!

5. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Songster

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    Quote:Hatching eggs are collected like any other egg, but they are fertile, so when you receive them you can put them under a broody hen or in an incubator [​IMG] They haven't started the incubation process prior to shipping, so they'll be just fine. It only take a couple days to get the eggs home anyways.

6. ChooksChick

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Quote:Eggs don't actually begin to incubate until kept around 100 degrees for several hours. That being said, eggs that are going to be shipped should be as fresh as possible so that there isn't any real air cell to speak of within the eggs, so that the contents don't have room to shift. A larger aircell means a higher probability of a scrambled egg upon arrival. If at home, not shipped, an egg can go a maximum of 14 days, in my experience. I like to ship mine within a day or two of being laid.

The buyer should allow eggs to rest at least 8 hours prior to incubating, to let settling occur.

7. ChooksChick

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Quote:Thanks!

Here is a shot of the roo- weighs in pretty huge!

[​IMG]

8. Urk-ah-urk-ah-urr'

Urk-ah-urk-ah-urr' In the Brooder

Jul 2, 2010
    Vancouver, WA
  9. StormyMoon

StormyMoon Songster

May 1, 2010
    Alvarado, TX
    I love his tail feathers, he looks like my roo, only my roo dont have the nice big tail feathers yet.....

Mine looks blue with lighter color blue body.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by