12 eggs from SQ Australorps

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by silvergatefarms, Jan 20, 2011.

1. silvergatefarms

silvergatefarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2010
    Goldthwaite,TX
    These are great chickens! they are laying like crazy. I have eggs coming out my ears! lol. These are large beautiful black australorps. They lay a medium brown egg. These are not hatchery birds. If your going to feed chickens for eggs or meat or just for enjoyment why not feed good ones. They don't eat anymore than others and these lay very well. Shipping is $15. There are no gaurantees on your hatch rate due to factors outside my control. the eggs will be carefully packaged. I have had a very high hatching rate from these eggs. Eggs will be fresh and started collecting the day the auction ends. Check by mail prefered.
    Thanks, Jamie

2. silvergatefarms

Feb 3, 2010
    Goldthwaite,TX
    [​IMG]

3. silvergatefarms

Feb 3, 2010
    Goldthwaite,TX
    Please excuse the front of the roos neck, one hen has been picking at it. the white looking stuff on them is just the sheen, they are solid black.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. happytxchick

happytxchick Egg Song Acre

Jul 8, 2009
    Sulphur Springs, TX
    Gorgeous birds.

[​IMG]

5. WyandotteTX

WyandotteTX Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2010
    Hey, these look familiar... [​IMG]

6. silvergatefarms

Feb 3, 2010
    Goldthwaite,TX
    My chickens are npip and tpip certified and it will be 12+ eggs. Thanks for the comments.

7. texaschickmom

texaschickmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2009
    Lindale, TX
    Beautiful birds! Where in TX are you?

8. silvergatefarms

Feb 3, 2010
    Goldthwaite,TX
    Goldthwaite. right in the middle. 1.5hr north of austin 2hr southwest of ft worth 1.5 hr west of waco 1.5 hr se of abilene. lol

9. tigercreek

tigercreek Chillin' With My Peeps

Wish I had my incubator ready!! Nice looking birds. What is the line, and have you shown them?? Do you keep laying records??....stan

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  10. silvergatefarms

Feb 3, 2010
    Goldthwaite,TX
    I got them from superior farms last year and was one of the very first to pick.they lay very well. I don't keep any records of laying but I get pretty consistent production from them all through the year. Occasionally they will go broody but usuall not for long.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by