12+extra LF Lavender Ameraucana eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Yvonne37894, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Yvonne37894

Yvonne37894 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2009
    Live Oak, FL
    My birds are from Harry Shaffer. All chicks have hatched out 100% Lavender. I culled heavy, however, these are a project bird and I do not quarantee perfection. There are 8 hens/pullets and 3 roosters in the pen, 5 are laying so far.
    The eggs will be wrapped in tissue, bubble wrapped, in an egg carton, packed in peanuts/paper and doubled boxed. With all of this I cannot guarantee that the USPS will do their job and get them to you on time and safe.
    These are by far the most friendly chickens we have. Of coarse the do get lots of treats by hand.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    I have some of Harry's birds as well. They are ridiculously friendly! [​IMG]

3. Cat Water

Cat Water That Person

Jul 4, 2010
    Mid Coast Maine
    The eggs look kind of grey on my monitor. [​IMG] Do you have pictures of them in different light?

4. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    I have only one of Harry's birds - a roo and Yvonne I so need those babies I'm getting in 10 days!!! Catwalk, the color lavendar is so hard to photograph, give the wrong lighting it can look pale, or light or gray coloring..... Please see my picture from my closed auction.
    [​IMG]

That's also Harry Shaffer and I took 35 shots over about 5 different times to get a color that was slightly close to how they look and I'm still not satisfied that I got the right color... But I do love lavendar.... Well, Yvonne hope you don't mind me piping in here!!! Hope your auction goes very very very well....If only I had more incubator room!
    '

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2011
  5. Nava

Nava I Got The Naked Neck Blues

Aug 2, 2009
    Ocala Fl
    Hi, Yvonne [​IMG] Washington buddy [​IMG]

how much for delivery [​IMG]
    are you going to the swap this weekend? do you have any chicks?

6. Muggsmagee

Muggsmagee Menagerie Mama

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    Harry's Birds are the sweetest. My young DD took on a "flock" of her own from our culls from Harry. They go right up to her and she can pic them up 2 at a time...they are large fowl and seem to beg to be pet!

7. Yvonne37894

Jul 13, 2009
    Live Oak, FL
    Quote:I've pre sold all of the chicks I have on hand.
    the next batch I hatch out will be 2/27

8. Yvonne37894

Jul 13, 2009
    Live Oak, FL
    Quote:got home to a dead battery in camera, will try to take more pictures tonight.
    I work from day lite to dark now so no time to take them out in sunlight
    I do have an Araucana chart, I see B5, B7, C1, C4 they are pale greenish blue to a greenish gray I have gotten 1 that was an A12
    I would think that Peeps& Peeps eggs to be a A7 or B2

here it goes 1st is inside w/flash
    [​IMG]

2nd is outside no flash cloudy rainy fl weather this AM
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  9. Yvonne37894

Jul 13, 2009
    Live Oak, FL
    Bargain -- thanks I need all the help I can get [​IMG]

10. ILOVEFRIZZLES

ILOVEFRIZZLES Red Roof Hens

Feb 2, 2009
    Hamilton Ga
    yvonne has beautiful eggs. Shipping is wonderful none creaked or broken. All made it to lockdown. Will update when I open the hatcher. I have ten beautiful chicks great hatch

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by