12 + extras Blue / Splash Orpington Hatching Eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by gumpsgirl, Jun 14, 2010.

1. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    This auction is for 12 + extras, Blue/Splash Orpington eggs to be shipped out this coming Wednesday, June 16th. Shipping is included in the BIN price unless you live in OR, WA, or CA then add an extra $5 to help cover the extra shipping expense.

Summer is here folks with temperatures starting to get how, I don't know how much longer I will be offering eggs for sale. Get them while you can! [​IMG]

My flock is blue and splash, so you will not get blacks from these eggs. People usually get quite a few splashes too.

I have all of my breeder flocks on a breeder supplement and have had excellent results with hatching eggs so far this year. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a 23 wk. old splash pullet from my flock. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ChickFila

ChickFila Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Out of 12 these eggs, I got 12 chicks (100% fertility, 100% hatch rate).
    I got 7 splashes and 2 are roos and 5 are hens. Out of 5 blues, 1 is roo and 3 are hens and one is still mystery! [​IMG]
    They are big and lively chicks.

3. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    It's amazing that the splash pullet actually looks like she has a design, not random spots. She sure is pretty!

4. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    I had 100% development on Stacey's eggs. 2 quit, but of the 5 I hatched I got 1 cockeral and 4 pullets!

5. gumpsgirl

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:Thank you and thank you ChickFila and new2chooks for your recommendations! [​IMG]

6. AshleyFishy

AshleyFishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2010
    East Texas
    I had some of these hatch for me last night! Out of a total of 7 eggs one was clear and 6 made it to lockdown. The 6 that made it to lockdown all hatched!!!!!! I have 3 blue and 3 splash and they are nice big healthy babies I'll tell you! These eggs are very very durable! On the first day of lockdown my stroke victim mother unplugged the bator not really knowing what she was doing, I was at work, they had to be without warmth for about 8 to 9 hours at least! They all still hatched clean as a button. [​IMG]

7. gumpsgirl

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    I'm so glad that you ended up with such a good hatch Ashley! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by