12 + extras Blue / Splash Orpington Hatching Eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by gumpsgirl, Sep 13, 2010.

1. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    This auction is for 12 + extras, Blue/Splash Orpington eggs to be shipped out this coming Friday, Sept. 17th. Shipping is included in the BIN price unless you live west of TX to CA, OR, WA then add an extra $5 to help cover the extra shipping expense.

My flock is blue and splash, so you will not get blacks from these eggs. People usually get quite a few splashes too.

I have had quite a few requests to sell hatching eggs again this fall and have decided that as long as the girls are still laying and the weather has cooled down, to offer some more eggs in limited quantities. I cannot guarantee that these eggs will hatch as well as they did this past spring. I do, however, have some eggs in my bator right now and they are are developing nicely. Hatch rates cannot be guaranteed though. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a 23 wk. old splash pullet from my flock. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

**Here is a pic of a 22 wk. old pullet that I took yesterday (9/15) that I am growing out from my stock. Pardon the mess please! Coop and run cleaning day is this Saturday. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

**Edited to remove old roo pic from this past spring. New pics can be found in the thread. [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
  2. poularde

poularde Hatching mode

Feb 7, 2010
    Puyallup, Wa.
    How old is your splash roo?

3. gumpsgirl

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    He is over a year old now. In that picture, 20 some weeks old though. I do need to get current pics, but right now my birds are starting to look dreadful. All of my roos tail and saddle feathers have fallen out, due to molting, and the girls backs look bad from being mated all summer. The roo is still doing his job though and the eggs I'm collecting are fertile. I also have eggs in my bator right now that are all developing, so I know the eggs are good. Hope that helps. [​IMG]

4. gumpsgirl

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Okay, so I bit the bullet and went out and snapped some pics for you. This boy is paranoid over the camera so any time I come near him, he stands up and crows. [​IMG]

Anyhow, here is is in all is tailless glory. At least the saddle feathers are in better shape than I thought they were. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. poularde

poularde Hatching mode

Feb 7, 2010
    Puyallup, Wa.
    Thanks for the recent photo. Are you sure he is not an aruacana? [​IMG] He looks much more filled in much better. Would you have some available next month? I am trying to finish my winter coop and pens.

6. gumpsgirl

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Nope! Not Araucana! [​IMG]

I don't know if I will have any available next month or not. It just depends on the girls and when they decide to quit laying. So far, so good, but I can't make promises. Get your coop finished and check in with me at that time. We will see then.

7. poularde

poularde Hatching mode

Feb 7, 2010
    Puyallup, Wa.
    Thank you. I think your splash roo is very handsome.[​IMG]

8. gumpsgirl

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Thank you! [​IMG] He's a good boy (even without tail feathers [​IMG] ), as long as the camera is put away. He's the only chicken I've ever had that hates the camera! It literally makes him go nutty, thus my reason for not having to many pics of him.

9. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    I had 100% development on Stacey's shipped eggs from VA to CA. All but 2 hatched. (1 blood ring and 1 pipped but never hatched)

10. gumpsgirl

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:Thanks so much for recommending me over and over and over! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by